June 2019, № 3 (221), pages 65-72doi: 10.25198/1814-6457-221-65
Sakharova N.S., Moroz V.V., Tomin V.V. METHODS OF UNIVERSITY STUDENTS’ FOREIGN LANGUAGE COMPETENCE DEVELOPMENTIn the era of globalization with the development of modern information tools, the communicative skills of students, the ability to clearly express their thoughts both in writing and verbally, gain priority. The development of the student’s value attitude to the process of learning a foreign language largely depends on the teacher’s ability to create an emotionally motivating atmosphere and on the choice of strategies, their successful value interaction with the student.
During the pedagogical experiment, methodological support for the development of students’ foreign language competence was tested. Methodological support is represented by a set of organizational forms and methods, such as educational dialogue, educational text, intensification of foreign language material, projective assessment methods. The experiment involved more than two hundred students.
We have found that during the educational dialogue at all stages of the development of foreign language competence, an axiologically significant professionally oriented environment is formed in the educational process. In this environment a valuable interaction occurs between students and the teacher, which contributes to the development of foreign language competence. Creative tasks activate students’ cognitive value-oriented activities, and the Internet and modern information and communication technologies significantly expand the foreign-language dialogue space. The effectiveness of the axiological environment was determined using comparative analysis in synchrony and diachrony.
This study allowed distinguishing two stages of the educational process, built on the basis of value-semantic intensity, and focused on the development of foreign language competence. It was determined that the activation of the system-value communicative goal-setting mechanism is manifested in the development of student’s value orientations, motivation of professionally significant foreign-language activity. Axiologization of linguistic education and the use of creative value-oriented forms and teaching methods are pedagogical conditions for the development of students’ foreign language competence. Key words: foreign language competence, university students, axiologically significant professionally oriented environment, value interaction.
1. Asmolov A.G. Kul'turno-istoricheskaya psihologiya i konstruirovanie mirov [Cultural-historical psychology and the construction of worlds]. Moskva-Voronezh, 1996, 767 p.
2. Bahtin M.M. The text problem in linguistics, philology and other humanities. Russkaya slovesnost'. Ot teorii slovesnosti k strukture teksta [Russian literature. From the theory of literature to the structure of the text]. M., 1997, pp. 227–244.
3. Berulava M.N. The development of creative abilities of an individual in the aspect of humanization of education. Gumanizaciya obrazovaniya [Humanization of education]. Moskva — Sochi, 1998, no. 1, 79 p.
4. Bibler V.S. School of dialogue of cultures. Uchit. gazeta [Teaches. newspaper], 1992, no. 1, p. 4.
5. Bondarevskaya E.V. Obrazovanie v poiskah chelovecheskih smyslov [Education in search of human meanings]. Rostov n/D., 1995, 216 p.
6. Verbickij A.A. Pedagogical technologies and quality of education. Sistema obespecheniya kachestva v distancionnom obrazovanii: Sb. nauch.tr. [Quality assurance system in distance education: Sat. scientific], iss. 1, 2000, pp. 13–16.
7. Gez N.I. Predislovie k sborniku nauchnyh trudov “Urovni rechevoj kompetencii (metodicheskij aspekt)” [Preface to the collection of scientific works “Levels of speech competence (methodological aspect)”]. M., 1983, pp. 3–6.
8. Zinchenko V.P., Munipov V.M. Ergonomics and problems of an integrated approach to the study of labor activity. Ergonomika / Trudy VNIITE [Ergonomics / Proceedings of VNIITE], M., 1976, no. 10.
9. Kagan M.S. Filosofskaya teoriya cennosti [Philosophical theory of value]. SPb., 1997.
10. Kitajgorodskaya G.A. Intensivnoe obuchenie inostrannym yazykam: teoriya i praktika [Intensive teaching of foreign languages: theory and practice]. M., 1992.
11. Kolshanskij G.V. Kommunikativnaya funkciya i struktura yazyka [Communicative function and language structure]. M.: “Nauka”, 1984, 176 p.
12. Komissarov V.N. Teoreticheskie osnovy metodiki obucheniya perevodu [Theoretical foundations of the methodology of teaching translation]. M.: “Rema”, 1997, 111 p.
13. Minina N.M. Programma obucheniya aktivnomu vladeniyu inostrannym yazykom studentov neyazykovyh special'nostej i metodicheskie rekomendacii [The curriculum for the active knowledge of a foreign language of students of non-linguistic specialties and methodological recommendations]. M., 1998, 62 p.
14. Kir'yakova A.V., Moroz V.V. The relationship of value orientations and creativity as an axiological resource for the modernization of university education. Vestnik CHelyabinskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Chelyabinsk State Pedagogical University], 2015, no. 1, pp. 57–68.
15. Moroz V.V. Features of resonant creative-value interaction “teacher — student — group” in a competence-oriented educational environment of the university. Obshchestvo: sociologiya, psihologiya, pedagogika [Society: sociology, psychology, pedagogy], 2016, no. 7, pp. 51–53.
16. Passov E.I., Kuzovlev V.P., Kuzovleva N.E., Car'kova V.B. Masterstvo i lichnost' uchitelya. Na prieme deyatel'nosti uchitelya inostrannogo yazyka [Mastery and personality of the teacher. At the reception activities of a foreign language teacher]. M.: Flinta: Nauka, 2001, 240 p.
17. Saharova N.S., Tomin V.V. Cultural and educational environment in multinational groups: the developing potential of cross-cultural interaction. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2017, no. 10(210), pp. 144–148.
18. Sen'ko YU.V. Gumanitarnye osnovy pedagogicheskogo obrazovaniya: Kurs lekcij: Ucheb. posobie dlya stud. Vyssh. ped. ucheb. zavedenij [The humanitarian basis of teacher education: Lecture course: Textbook. allowance for students. Higher ped textbook. institutions]. M.: Izd. centr “Akademiya”, 2000, 240 p.
19. Slastenin V.A., Isaev I.F., Mishchenko A.I., SHiyanov E.N. Pedagogika [Pedagogy]. M.: “SHkola — press”, 1998, 512 p.
20. Tomin V.V. alues and value orientations as the basis of cross-cultural interaction of students. Vektor nauki Tol'yattinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: pedagogika, psihologiya [Vector of Science, Togliatti State University. Series: pedagogy, psychology], 2017, no. 2(29), pp. 59–64.
21. Ibragimov I.D., Ilkevich K.B., Erofeeva N.E., Sakharova N.S., Minyaeva N.M., Ovchinnikova L.P. Students self-work organization: educational activity self-regulation's technological aspect. Man in India, 2017, no. 97(14), pp. 85–102.
22. Maslow A.H. Religions, values and peak-experiences. N.Y., Viking Press, 1973, XX, 123 p.
23. Rerke V.I., Sukhostavska Yu.V., Krasheninnikova N.A., Khvataeva N.P., Sakharova N.S., Rogozhnikova R.A. Ethno mediation in international conflicts prevention in conditions of polyethnic educational environment. Revista Espacios, 2018, vol. 39, pp. 9–21.
24. Tomin V.V., Bochkareva T.S., Bogomolova A.Y., Eremina N.V., Krapivina M.Y. Culturological and axiological issues of students' cross-cultural interaction in the information field. Man in India, 2017, no. 97 (25), pp. 263–283.
25. Tomin V.V., Sakharova N.S., Eremina N.V., Kabanova O.V., Terekhova G.V. Intercultural Adaptation of Students in the Information Field of Cross-Cultural Interaction. Global Media Journal, 2016, special issue S2: 7, pp. 1–10.
26. Tomin V.V., Arzumanova L.L., Zhdanov S.P., Larionova I.A., Gorbunova L.N., Fadeyeva M.Yu., Nazarenko S.V. University Student Information Mobility as Component of Education Quality. Modern Journal of Language Teaching Methods (MJLTM), 2018, vol. 8, iss. 5, May, pp. 68–84.
27. Yuzhaninova E., Moroz V. The development of a student’s value orientations on self-education and self-development in the internet. Purposes, tasks and values of education in modern conditions : materials of the V international scientific conference on October 13–14. Prague : Vědecko vydavatelské centrum “Sociosféra-CZ”, 2018, pp. 20–24.
28. Zamaletdinov R.R., Kuznetsov I.A., Sakharova N.S., Gladkikh V.G., Erofeeva N.E. Pedagogical tools of professional ideals management of modern student. International Review of Management and Marketing, 2016, v. 6, no. 2, pp. 364–369.
About this article
Authors: Saharova N.S., Moroz V.V., Tomin V.V.
|Sergey Aleksandrovich |