August 2019, № 4 (222), pages 69-75doi: 10.25198/1814-6457-222-69
Prosvirkina I.I., Olshevskaya Yu.V., Omelchenko Yu.V. TEACHING TECHNOLOGIES COMBINATION WHEN LEARNING RUSSIAN AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGEAs different foreign technologies are abundantly used in modern environment and there is a lot of debate on the given problem, we described the original lesson where we offer the active use of different traditional and new forms and methods within one lesson. When developing the lesson we used the experience of foreign and domestic scientists in the use of modern intensive technologies, their creative processing.
The lesson “Tour about Orenburg” consists of two parts: the real tour and the tour lesson. During the tour about Orenburg the teacher tells about the main street of the city and several sights. Thus, listening precedes reading, writing and speaking. After the tour the teacher conducts a lesson the composition of which is traditional for classes of Russian as a foreign language. However, elements of modern technologies (mindmaps, pairwork, etc) are also introduced into the lesson. The linchpin of the lesson is interactive mindmap that makes it possible to organize learners’ work in specific sequence. The work begins with reading the text “Clock tower”, discussing the text content and doing the text comprehension activity. Then learners do listening activity based on text “Orenburg governor’s museum”, after that there is pairwork based on texts “Orenburg Gorky drama theatre” and “Belovka”. The result of the classwork is writing a post to Instagram about Orenburg sights.
Thus, the lesson is based on traditions in methods of teaching Russian as a foreign language, but present requirements are also taken into account. It is the combination of traditional and new methods in Russian as a foreign language class that makes it possible to form skills and abilities necessary for communication in Russian.Key words: educational environment, methods of teaching Russian as a foreign language, blended learning technology, mindmaps, pairwork, potential of social networking sites.
1. Abramova Ya.K. Information and educational technologies in forming the grammatical connection of words. A1 level. Extended abstract of candidate's thesis. Moscow, 2015.
2. I.A. Kondrat’eva (ed.) Aktual’nye voprosy izuchenija russkogo jazyka kak inostrannogo i problemy prepodavanija na russkom jazyke: sb. mat-lov III mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (Rostov-na-Donu, 9 sentjabrja 2015 g.). [Topical issues of learning Russian as a foreign language and problems of teaching in Russian: Proceedings of the third International Scientific and practical Conference. Rostov-on-Don, 9 September 2015]. Rostov on Don: DGTU, 2015, 191 p.
3. Belova N.V., Rubleva E.V. Blended learning technology in classes of Russian as a foreign language. Russkij jazyk za rubezhom [Russian language abroad], 2016, no. 3, pp. 78–82.
4. Tony Busan Supermyshlenie [The mind map book]. Мoscow: Popurri, 2014, 320 p.
5. Van Sjaojan Model of blended learning of Russian as a foreign language in China. Pedagogicheskoe obrazovanie v Rossii [Pedagogical education in Russia], 2016, no. 7, pp. 244–249.
6. Vasil'eva A.V. Methods of using interactive forms when developing oral speech skills in Russian as a foreign language in short-term learning. First certificate level. Extended abstract of candidate's thesis. St.Peterburg, 2019.
7. Gaskon' E.A. Using of play-based tasks and dramatization elements in the practical course of Russian as a foreign language. Extended abstract of candidate's thesis. Moscow, 2009.
8. Dzhalal Nuri The flipped classroom: for active, effective and increased learning — especially for low achievers. International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education, 2016.
9. Mjuller Horst. Sostavlenie mental'nyh kart. Metod generacii i strukturirovanija idej [Mind mapping. Idea generation and structuring method]. Moscow: OMEGA-L, 2007, 128 p.
10. The new and the traditional in Russian as a native and foreign language teaching in Russian non-philological universities. Materialy Vserossijskoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem [Proceedings of International Scientific and practical Conference with international participation], SPbGASU. St.Petersburg, 2018.
11. Problems of philological course teaching to foreign learners. Sbornik materialov IV Mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-metodicheskoj konferencii 28–30 janvarja 2016 goda [Proceedings of the fourth International Scientific and Methodological Conference 28–30 January, 2016]. Voronezh, 2016.
12. Prosvirkina I.I., Davydova E.A., Karabaeva E.M. Problem of implicit knowledge transmission when getting e-learning and replaceability of traditional learning into e-learning. Mezhdunarodnyj nauchno-issledovatel'skij zhurnal [International scientific and research journal], 2018, no. 1-4(67), pp. 63–65.
13. Prosvirkina I.I., Sadretdinova, T. A., Frolova, A. M., Jahno, M.D. Methods of using blended learning models when learning speaking. Filologicheskie nauki. Voprosy teorii i praktiki [Philological sciences. Matters of theory and practice], 2017, no. 12, part 4, pp. 202–205.
14. Prosvirkina I.I., Frolova A.M., Chalaja E.Ju. Models of blended learning in classes of Russian as a foreign language. Filologicheskij aspekt [Philological aspect], 2017, no. 7, pp. 49–58.
15. Hamraeva E.A., Kirienko V.A., Solov'jova A.M. Smeshannoe obuchenie russkomu jazyku kak inostrannomu v programme “Russkij assistent” — novaja real'nost' rossijskoj vysshej shkoly [Blended learning in Russian as sforeign language in “Russian assistant” programme — new reality of Russian high school]. Available at: http://ropryal.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/smeshannoe-obuchenie.pdf (Accessed: 06.05.2018).
About this article
Authors: Prosvirkina I.I., Olshevskaya Yu.V., Omelchenko Yu.V.