Ivanova S.G., Dmitrieva E.V., Sakharova N.S. THE APPLICATION OF THE PODCASTING TECHNIQUE IN THE FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING PROCESS AT THE UNIVERSITYThe main objective in the foreign language teaching at the higher educational establishment is the formation of cultural competence of students, which involves the ability and willingness to various kinds of communication, including the business one. The teaching methods should be directed to the formation of cognitive-communicative competence, sustainable motivation to the process of learning. In the modern information society "multimedia learning" plays a significant role in the educational process at the University. The method of creating and using podcasts (as one of the types of multimedia learning) turns the student from an object into a subject of training, stimulates his creativity, willingness to apply knowledge in practice. Podcasting requires from a student the basic knowledge of a foreign language, the ability to select and logically arrange linguistic material. The teacher acts as a mentor, guides and corrects educational activity of the student. Integration of teacher — student collaboration is a fundamental principle of the podcast technique. As teaching practice shows, the podcast technique has a significant impact on the development of students' cognitive-communicative competence and is an effective means of creating a sustainable motivation of trainees and provides a great opportunity in foreign language subject-related teaching. Use of media must be properly dosed and combined with other learning methods and must complement each other.Key words: multimedia teaching; podcasts; motivation; creativity; cognitive-communicative competence; subject-related teaching.
1. Ivanova, S. G., Dmitrieva, E. V. The Use of podcasts for developing cultural competence in foreign language teaching / S. G. Ivanova, E. V. Dmitrieva // University complex as a regional center of education, science and culture. Materials of all-Russian scientific-practical conference; Orenburg state university. — Orenburg. OSU, 2015. — P. 1812-1815.
2. Ivanova, S. G. Video for teaching foreign language as a means of developing the communicative competence of students / S. G. Ivanova // University complex as a regional center of education, science and culture: materials of all-Russian scientific.-method. conference; Orenburg state University. — Orenburg: Publishing house "University", 2013. — P. 1960-1962.
3. Kovaleva, T. A. Didactic potential of podcasts and methods for their use in distance foreign language teaching / T. A. Kovaleva // Foreign languages in distance education: materials of III International scientific.-practical. conference; Perm state technical University. — Volume 2. — Perm: Publishing house Perm. state technical university, 2009. — P. 48-55.
4. Kytmanova, O. A. The Use of Internet teaching resources at lessons of English / O. A. Kytmanova // Foreign language teaching technologies at the non-linguistic universities: collection of scientific articles; Ulyanovsk state technical University. − Ulyanovsk: UlSTU, 2005. − P. 42-48.
5. Osiyanova, O. M., Pfeifer, M. A. Interactive communication development of students in the competence-oriented education / O. M. Osiyanova, M. A. Pfeifer // Bulletin of the Orenburg state university. — 2015. — No. 2. — P. 129-134.
6. Polat E. S., Bukharkina, M. Yu. Modern pedagogical and information technologies in education / E. S. Polat, M. Yu. Bukharkina. — M.: Academy, 2007. — P. 368.
7. Salin, B. S. Some aspects of the use of podcasts in English language education / B. S. Salin // Modern problems of science and education. — 2010. — No. 4 — P. 91-93.
8. Sakharova, N. S. The development of multiethnic competence of University students in the process of cross-cultural interaction / N. S. Sakharova, V. V. Tomin // Bulletin of the Orenburg state University. — 2015. — No. 2. — P. 145-150.
9. Solovova, E. N. Methodology of foreign language teaching: advanced course / E. N. Solovova. — 2nd ed. — Moscow: AST: Astrel, 2010. — P. 272. 10. Stupina, T. L. The basics of podcast using in educational process: methodical manual / T. L. Stupina. — Irkutsk: ISLU, 2006. — P. 22.
11. Sysoyev P. V., Evstigneev M. N. The methodology of foreign language teaching using new information and communication Internet technologies / P. V. Sysoyev, M. N. Evstigneev // Rostov on/D: Phoenix; M: Glossa-Press, 2010. — P.182.
12. Titova, S. V., Filatova, A. V. 2.0 Web technologies in foreign language teaching / S. V. Titova, A.V. Filatova. — Publishing house: Ikar, 2014. — P. 100.
13. Titova, S. V. Information-communicative technologies in humanitarian education. Theory and practice. / S. V. Titova. — Publishing house: Ikar, 2009. — P. 240. ISBN: 978-5-7974-0372-2
14. Tomin, V. V. Vector dialog relations in the system of pedagogical interactions / V. V. Tomin //Almanac of modern science and education, 2013. — №4 (71). — P. 189-191. ISBN: 978-5-7974-0371-5
15. Fryer, W. A. Podcasting as disruptive transmediation / W. A. Fryer // eLearn2005: world conference on elearning in corporate, government, healthcare, and higher education. — 2005.
About this article
Authors: Saharova N.S., Ivanova S.G., Dmitrieva E.V.