August 2020, № 4 (227), pages 33-40doi: 10.25198/1814-6457-227-33
Martishina N.V. ETHICAL MANAGEMENT AS A FORMING FACTOR OF THE STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC MORAL (BASED ON AN EXPERTS’ SURVEY RESULTS)The first decades of the twenty first century are notable for speed, scale and variety of changes in all aspects of life which requires everyone to display the best skills and qualities. A very special role belongs to spiritual, moral and ethical attributes which define every person’s attitude to what is happening, his or her reactions and actions. They are formed as a combination of paradigm and life evaluating guidance during the lifetime of any person, and influenced by a variety of factors, including education. There is a certain set of rules and regulations in the mentioned sphere of life which performs the management of actions and relations between the involved subjects. At present this set of rules is facing a serious challenge. In 2020, a remote survey of faculty and staff members of organizations related to the higher education system was conducted on issues of academic ethics and morality, their impact on the life of the university community. The survey interviewees were 29 people from 16 Russian universities and LLC “4portfolio”. The guide-interview questions were formulated based on the study and analysis of theoretical sources on the problem, data from the included observation, and the results of focus groups. The survey focuses on academic ethics as a system of ethical values and norms that regulate intellectual activity of teaching staff and student groups, the means and methods of its formation and regulation, and the problem areas of the processes under consideration. The results of the research have shown that the formation of a real functioning academic ethics institution is impossible without creating mechanisms for social control over students’ compliance with academic norms and rules. Performing a regulatory function by teachers indicates their high sense of professional responsibility for the education quality. However, experts expressed concern about excessive bureaucratization of the process under consideration. The issue of objectification of the social institution of academic morality in the university environment becomes relevant.Key words: academic moral, academic ethics, forming of academic ethics, students, ethic management.
1. Alekseeva D.A., Danilov V.N. Problem of plagiarism in the context of academic ethics. Filosofiya nauki i tekhniki [Philosophy of Science and Technology], 2020, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 52–64. DOI: 10.21146/2413-9084-2020-25-1-52-64.
2. Bersenin, N.A. Academic ethics as an element of professional formation of students in the educational process: a study of the Institute of national culture at Ogarev Mordovia State University. Ogaryov-Online [Ogarev-Online], 2019, no. 13 (134). Available at: http://journal.mrsu.ru/arts/akademicheskaya-etika-kak-element-professionalnogo-stanovleniya-studentov-v-obrazovatelnom-processe-na-primere-inctituta-nacionalnoj-kultury-fgbou-vo-mgu-im-n-p-ogaryova (accessed 30.10.2020).
3. Bessonova, T.I. Problem of regulating normative, personal and moral development of a modern student in academic ethics and academic etiquette. Mezhdunarodnyj nauchno-issledovatel’skij zhurnal [International Research Journal], 2020, vol. 96, no. 6-2, pp. 139–142. DOI: https://doi.org/10.23670/IRJ.2020.96.6.066.
4. Bogdanova, M.V. The Ethos of the University: Sociologically Operationalizing the Potential of “Unwritten Rules”. Sociologicheskij zhurnal [Sociological Journal], 2017, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 153–170. DOI: 10.19181/socjour.2017.23.2.5163.
5. Dyrin, S.P. Plagiarism as an element of corporate culture of modern Russian higher school. Upravlenie korporativnoj kul’turoj [The management of corporate culture], 2013, no. 3, pp. 214–216.
6. Eryomenko T.V. Ethical management of the students’ work with information: comparison analysis of experience in Universities of Russia and the USA. Nauchnye I tekhnicheskie biblioteki [Scientific and technical libraries], 2019, no. 11, pp. 75–92. DOI: 10.33186/1027-3689-2019-11-75-92.
7. Efimova, G. Z., Kicherova M. N. Analysis reasons of the academic fraud and their classification. Internet-zhurnal Naukovedenie [Internet Journal Science Study], 2012, no. 4 (13). URL: https://naukovedenie.ru/index.php?p=issue-4-12-pedagogics (accessed 30.10.2020)
8. Kiriakova A.V., Melekesov L.V., Olhovskaya T.A. Pedagogicheskaya aksiologiya: Uchebnoe posobie [Pedagogical axiology: training manual]. Moscow :NPC INFRA-M, 2016. 283 p.
9. Lapshin, I.E. Higher education as a factor of socialization of modern youth: ethical aspect. Vestnik RUDN. Seriya: Filosofiya [RUDN Journal of Philosophy], 2016, no. 3, pp. 88–95.
10. Lubimov L.L Fading of educational ethos. Voprosy Obrazovaniya [Educational issues], 2009, Issue 1, pp. 199–210. DOI: 10.17323/1814-9545-2009-1-199-210.
11. Mosienko L.V. Axio-synergetic patterns of virtues self-determination of students in the university’s youth subculture environment. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Orenburg State University], 2013, no. 2 (151), pp. 169-175.
12. Mosienko L.V. Conceptual basics of a person’s self-determination phenomenon research.Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Orenburg State University], 2011, no. 11 (130), pp. 208–213.
13. Mosienko L.V., Hazhgalieva G.H. Value basics of the students’ self-determination in the polylingual education.VestnikOrenburgskogogosudarstvennogouniversiteta [Bulletin of Orenburg State University], 2016, no. 2 (190), pp. 39–45.
14. Petrova T.A. Analysis of moral and ethical values of students. Innovacionnaya ekonomika: perspektivy razvitiya I sovershenstvovaniya [Innovative economy: prospects for development and improvement], 2017, no. 7 (25), pp. 140–147.
15. Petrova T.A. Formation of the value model of personality in the student environment. Lichnost’ kak ob’jekt psihologicheskogo i pedagogicheskogo vozdejstviya, Sbornik statej Mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii [Personality as an object of psychological and pedagogical influence, Collection of articles of the International scientific and practical conference], Ufa, 2016, pp. 30–34.
16. Cozma, C. In search of the meaningfulness of “academic ethics”: Make ethics count in the modern university! Agathos, 2020, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 19–20.
17. Sok-Ja, J., Jukka, M., Diamandis, E. P. Advocate cultivation of academic ethics: why is it necessary? F1000Research, 2020, no. 8, pp. 1–13. DOI: 10.12688/f1000research.20640.2.
About this article
Author: Martishina N.V.
|Sergey Aleksandrovich |