February 2020, № 1 (224), pages 80-86doi: 10.25198/1814-6457-223-80
Markelova Yu.V., Baranov V.V., Vorobyov V.K., Popova E.A. DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS FOR EVALUATING THE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS LEADERSHIP QUALITIESChanges in the economy associated with the emergence of various types and forms of economic activity, economic freedom, stimulate a creative and innovative approach to professional activity, a professional with leadership qualities is in demand. University complexes as centers of education, science and culture of the region accumulate and transmit innovative pedagogical experience from Central universities to branches, creating a modern educational space for the multidimensional development of personal qualities of students. Analysis of scientific research in the field of sociology, psychology, and leadership pedagogy allowed us to specify a set of qualities that characterize the future leader in various areas of management-industrial, sports, tourism, and educational. The formation and development of students ‘ leadership qualities includes a multi-aspect diagnostics of leadership. Diagnostic tools are characterized by a significant variety, due to the ambiguity of the idea of a set of personal qualities needed by the leader. Integrative assessment of leadership qualities requires the use of a representation of the profile of leadership qualities. To select diagnostic methods, a critical analysis of tools for diagnosing students ‘ leadership qualities was carried out. A matrix of conformity of the diagnosed quality and the methodology used to assess its development was created. The presented tools were used to determine the main directions of work on the development of these qualities in students. A computer program for individual assessment of a student’s leadership profile has been developed, which functions through a personal account on the University’s website. Diagnostics of students from different universities allowed us to track the dynamics of changes in the development of leadership qualities of graduates, to assess the effectiveness of the proposed pedagogical measures, and differences in the mentality of young people in large and small cities.Key words: leadership, student, University complex, leadership profile, methodology for evaluating leadership qualities.
1. Markelova,YU.V. Educational trajectory as a means of developing the leadership qualities of a future Manager. Extended abstract of Candirate's thesis. Orenburg, OGU, 2019, 24 p.
2. Adair D. Effektivnoe liderstvo: Kak razvivat' i primenyat' liderskie navyki [Effective leadership: How to develop and apply leadership skills]. Moskva: Eksmo, 2003, 318 p.
3. Belonovskaya I.D., Nevolina V.V., Baranov V.V. Professional'noe samorazvitie lichnosti v sovremennom obrazovatel'nom prostranstve: monografiya [Professional self-development of the individual in the modern educational space: monograph]. Moskva: Pero, 2017, 200 p.
4. Popova E.A., Baranov V.V. Primo aspectu, 2018, no. 4(36), pp. 145–150.
5. Baranov V.V., Ovchinnikova L.P., Piralova O.F., Maksimova N.L., Shumeyko A.A., Semenova N.V., Kargapolov V.P., Popova O.V. Students adaptation to training in university in educational environment optimization terms. Modern Journal of Language Teaching Methods, 2018, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 72–81.
6. Nizamutdinova S.M., Lisitzina T.B., Vorobyev V.K., Makarov A.L., Prokopyev A.I., Tararina L.I., Sayfutdinova G.B. Student views on downshifter lifestyle in urban environments. Humanities and Social Sciences Reviews, 2019, vol. 7, iss. 4, July, pp. 1196–1201.
7. Edgeman R.L. Principle — centered leadership and core value development. The TQM Magazine, 1998, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 190–193.
8. Fairholm G.W. Values Leadership. Toward a New Philosophy of Leadership. New York, 1991, pp. 74–80.
9. Fiedler F.E., Potter E.H. Dynamics of leadership effectiveness in Small group and social integration I. London, 1983, 457 p.
10. Gibb C. An Interactional View of The Emergence of Leadership. Australian Journal of Psychology, 1958.
11. Horner M. Leadership theory : past, present and future. Team Professional Management, 1997, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 270–287.
12. Iftikhar A., Umar M., Shahid K. Leadership Role&Employee’s Motivation. Moskva: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2015, 64 p.
13. Bass B.M. Leadership, psychology and organizational behavior. New York: Harper&Row, 1960, 548 p.
14. Izuka. Quality management in Japanese industry. General view. Private communication of Prof. H. Tsubaki from Tokyo, Japan, 1999.
15. Juran J.M. Juran on leadership for quality. An executive handbook. New York: Free Press, 1989, 376 p.
16. Li C. The essential characteristic of the leadership skills of future managers. Naukovij oglyad [Scientific review], 2016, vol. 10, no. 31, pp. 103–108.
17. Markelova Y.V. Formation of student social and professional activity in university educational space. Revista Espacios, 2018, vol. 39(20), p. 7.
18. Markelova Y.V. Studi culturali di leadership — Croce. Italian Science Review, 2014, no. 2(11), pp. 255–257.
19. Rajgorodskij D.YA. Prakticheskaya psihodiagnostika : metodiki i testy [Practical psychodiagnostics: methods and tests]. Moskva : Bahrah-M, 2006, pp. 246–248.
20. Fetiskin N.P., Kozlov V.V., Manujlov G.M. Social'no-psihologicheskaya diagnostika razvitiya lichnosti i malyh grupp [Socio-psychological diagnosis of personality development and small groups]. Moskva : Izd-vo In-ta psihoterapii, 2002, 392 p.
21. Sonin V.A. Psihodiagnosticheskoe poznanie professional'noj deyatel'nosti [Psychodiagnostic knowledge of professional activity]. Sankt-Peterburg: Rech', 2004, 296 p.
22. Eliseev O.P. Praktikum po psihologii lichnosti [Workshop on personality psychology]. Sankt-Peterburg: Piter, 2003, 310 p.
23. ZHarikov E., Krushel'nickij E.; ed. by N.P. Fetiskin, V.V. Kozlov, G.M. Manujlov Diagnostics of leadership abilities. Social'no-psihologicheskaya diagnostika razvitiya lichnosti i malyh grupp [Socio-psychological diagnosis of the development of personality and small groups]. Moskva: Izd-vo In-ta psihoterapii, 2002, 339 p.
24. Burlachuk L.F. Psihodiagnostika: uchebnik dlya vuzov [Psychodiagnostics: a textbook for high schools]. Sankt-Peterburg: Piter, 2008, pp. 159–164.
25. SHtroo V.A. Metody social'no-psihologicheskogo issledovaniya [Methods of socio-psychological research]. Voronezh, 2003, 66 p.
26. Ed. by Soldatova G.U., SHajgerova L.A. Psihodiagnostika tolerantnosti lichnosti [Psychodiagnostics of personality tolerance]. Moskva: Smysl, 2008, 172 p.
27. Psihodiagnostika personala: metodiki i testy [Psychodiagnostics of personnel: methods and tests]. Moskva: Bahrah-M, 2007, pp. 88–93.
28. Rajgorodskij D.YA. Prakticheskaya psihodiagnostika: metodiki i testy [Practical psychodiagnostics: methods and tests]. Moskva: Bahrah-M, 2006, pp. 246–248.
29. Baranov V.V., Belonovskaya I.D., CHepasov V.I. Factor analysis as a toolkit of pedagogical knowledge of student development at a university complex. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2012, no. 2, pp. 21–27.
About this article
Authors: Markelova Yu.V., Baranov V.V., Vorobyev V.K., Popova E.A.