February 2020, № 1 (224), pages 55-62doi: 10.25198/1814-6457-222-55
Prosvirkina I.I., Kulikova E.Yu., Kuleshova R.V. ETHNOMETHODOLOGICAL EDUCATIONAL MODEL AS A WAY OF LABOR MIGRANTS LINGUISTIC AND CULTURAL ADAPTATIONRussia, as a modern economically developed state, is faced with the need for linguistic and cultural adaptation of migrants, which is impossible without knowledge of the Russian language and culture. Moreover, a migrant needs to pass state testing in a short time — a comprehensive exam, and one of the modules is the Russian language. An exam can not always be passed without prior preparation.
The study found that the “portrait” of a modern migrant has changed significantly over the past decade. He was significantly “younger”, therefore, a young man coming to Russia for work does not already have an understanding of a “common country”. The educational system of Russia is unfamiliar to him. There is no motivation to study any “sciences”, since the main purpose of his arrival is to carry out labor activities. To provide professional linguistic and methodological assistance to labor migrants from the Republic of Tajikistan, we have constructed an ethnomethodic model. The model is based on factors that allow you to determine the approach, develop a strategy, select didactic material, choose methods and techniques. Such factors are the personality of the student, the level of his education, ethno-psychological characteristics, mentality. The main approach that formed the basis of the training model for labor migrants from the Republic of Tajikistan was ethnomethodic, the main principles of which are considered to be taking into account national mentality, cultural values and especially the language of students. When creating the training model, two linguistic-educational technologies were used: traditional and blended learning. Thanks to the technology of blended learning, the ELOK Internet resource, an ethnolinguistic online course, was created and introduced into the educational process. The resource potential allows a migrant to use training materials at a convenient time for him.
The effectiveness of the ethnomethodic training model for labor migrants from the Republic of Tajikistan, its role for integration into modern Russian society is confirmed by the results of experimental training and the results of state testing. An effective result allows us to talk about the need to create nationally-oriented programs of linguistic and cultural adaptation of foreign citizens.Key words: ethnomethodological model, technology of blended learning, ethnolinguistic online course.
1. Arigdzhanova N.R. National idea of the Tajik people as a subject of social and philosophical analysis. Candidate’s thesis. Dushanbe, 2006.
2. Balykhina T.M., Chzhao Yutsyan. What kind of Chinese are they? Ethnomedicine aspects of teaching Chinese to the Russian language. Vysheye obrazovaniye segodnya [Higher education today], 2009, no. 5, pp. 16–22.
3. Bersin, J. The blended learning book: Best practices, proven methodologies, and lessons learned. San Francico: John Wiley & Sons. 2004.
4. Bogomolov A.N. Scientific and methodological development of a virtual language environment for distance learning of a foreign (Russian) language. Candidate’s thesis. Moscow, 2008.
5. Бlvaro Hernбn Galvis Supporting decision-making processes on blended learning in higher education: literature and good practices review. International Journal of Educational Technologies in Higher Education, 2018, volume 15, article number: 25.
6. Kulikova E.Yu. Ethnomedicine model of teaching the Russian language for labour migrants from the Republic of Tajikistan. Candidate’s thesis. Moscow, 2019.
7. Kulikova E.Yu., Prosvirkina I.I., Galoyan N.G. Open ethnolinguistic online course as an innovative tool for consulting support and teaching Russian to migrant workers from the Republic of Tajikistan. Sovremennoye pedagogicheskoje obrazovanije [Modern pedagogical education], 2019, no.4, pp. 94–100.
8. Eva Alcуn Soler, Maria Pilar, Safont Jordа. Intercultural Language Use and Language Learning. Jordа. Universitat Jaume I, Spain
9. Nabiev M.M. National-psychological characteristics of Tajiks and the specifics of their manifestation in ethnic communication. Candidate’s thesis. Moscow, 1995.
10. Palmer, G.B. Toward a theory of cultural linguistics, Austin, 1996.
11. Pomortseva N.V. Pedagogical system of linguistic and cultural adaptation of foreign students in the process of learning Russian. Doctor’s thesis. Moscow, 2010.
12. Prosvirkina I.I., Sadretdinova T.A., Frolova A.M., Yakhno M.D. The method of using models of blended learning in teaching speaking. Filologicheskije nauki. Voprosy teorii I praktiki [Philological science. Questions of theory and practice], 2017, no.12 (p.4), pp. 202–205.
13. Prosvirkina I.I., Davydova E.A., Karabayeva E.M. The problem of transmitting implicit knowledge in e-learning and the possibility of replacing traditional learning with e-learning. Mezhdunarodnyj nauchno-issledovatel’skij zhurnal [International research journal], 2018, no.1-4 (67), pp.63–65.
14. Prosvirkina I.I., Ol’shevskaya Yu.V., Omel’chenko Yu.V. The combination of the technologies at the lessons of Russian as a foreign language. Vestnik OGU [Bulletin of OSU], 2019, no.4, pp.69–76.
15. Urunova H.U. Features of the Tajik mentality as an object of social and philosophical analysis. Vestnik tadzhikskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta prava, biznesa i politiki. Serija gumanitarnykh nauk [Bulletin of the Tajik state University of law, business and politics. Series of humanitarian Sciences], Khudzhant, 2015, no.1, pp. 37–42.
About this article
Authors: Prosvirkina I.I., Kulikova E.Yu., Kuleshova R.V.