April 2018, № 4 (216), pages 51-55
Маslov M.V. METHODS OF STUDYING MAMMALS IN THE USSURI RESERVE FOR STUDENTS OF BIOLOGICAL SPECIALITIES OF THE HIGH SCHOOLSThe effectiveness of teaching in modern conditions can not be realized in the framework of only the traditional model – the competence approach in higher education has actualized the problem of searching for new effective methods, forms and means of teaching. The choice of teaching methods is a difficult task that the teacher faces at the stage of working out a work program of the academic discipline. The use of active technologies develops the ability to successfully perform pedagogical tasks based on practical activities, knowledge and skills.
The relevance of this work is due to the importance of field research for teachers and students of the biological faculties of higher educational institutions of Primorsky Krai. The acquired knowledge can be used in the development of training courses, in conducting field training and pedagogical practice, writing scientific articles and final qualifying works. We have summarized the current data on methods of studying mammals in the Primorye Territory of the Russian Far East using the example of the Ussuri Reserve of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, which are necessary as a regional component for use in university courses in biology. The above information can be useful to biology students of the School of Pedagogy of the Far Eastern Federal University as additional information within the framework of such disciplines as «Vertebrate Zoology», «Terrestrial Vertebrates of the Far East», «Specially Protected Natural Territories and Objects», «Rare species of Primorsky Krai animals and their security».
Key words: Primorsky Krai, Ussuri Reserve, methods of study, mammals.
1. Zhabyko Е.V. Forest vegetation. Flora, rastitel'nost' i mikobiota zapovednika «Ussurijskij» [Flora, vegetation and mycobiota of the Ussuri Reserve]. Vladivostok, Dal'nauka, 2006, pp. 15–29. (in Russian)
2. Маslov М. V. Acclimatization of Sika Deer — Cervus nippon (Temm., 1838) — on the territory of the Ussuri Reserve: history and current state. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Vestnik of the Orenburg State University]. Orenburg, 2009, no 10 (116), pp. 123–129. (in Russian)
3. Маslov М.V. Dynamics of the number of Noble Deer (Cervus elaphus (L.)) end of Sika Deer (Cervus nippon (Temm.)) on the territory of the Ussuri Reserve Trudy Mordovskogo gosudarstvennogo prirodnogo zapovednika im. P.G. Smidovicha [Proceedings of the Mordovian State Nature Reserve. P.G. Smidovic]. 2011a, no 9, pp. 91–99. (in Russian)
4. Maslov М. V. Seasonal changes in the food spectrum and distribution of Sika Deer — Cervus nippon (Temm., 1838) — on the territory of the Ussuriisk reserve. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Vestnik of the Orenburg State University]. Orenburg, 2011b, no 12 (131), pp 106–108. (in Russian)
5. Маslov М. V. Habitat features of Sika Deer — Cervus nippon (Temminck, 1838) in the Ussuri Reserve. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Vladivostok, 2012а. — 22 p. (in Russian)
6. Маslov М. V. Transformation of natural habitats and changes in the state of populations of ungulates of the Ussuri Reserve and adjacent territories under the influence of anthropogenic press. Nauchnye vedomosti Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Estestvennye nauki [Scientific bulletins of the Belgorod State University. Series: Natural Sciences]. 2012б, no 21 (140), pp. 82–88. (in Russian)
7. Маslov М. V. Determining the size of the daily area of Sika Deer — Cervus nippon (Temmink, 1838) — on the territory of the Ussuri Reserve in the snowy period. Amurskij zoologicheskij zhurnal [Amur Zoological Journal], 2012в, Т. IV, no 3, pp. 313–315. (in Russian)
8. Maslov M.V. Some data on size indicators of Sika Deer — Cervus nippon (Temm., 1838) in the Ussuri Reserve. X Dal'nevostochnaya konferenciya po zapovednomu delu. Materialy konferencii. Otvetstvennyj redaktor A. N. Strel'cov [X Far East Conference on the Zapovednik case]. — 2013. — pp. 213–216. (in Russian)
9. Maslov M. V., Kovalev V. A. The basic causes of death in hoofed mammals in the Ussuri Reserve and in the adjacent territory. Sibirskij ehkologicheskij zhurnal [Contemporary Problems of Ecology]. 2013, vol. 6, no 1, pp. 121–127. (in Russian)
10. Maslov M. V., Bogatov V. V. Dependence of individual foraging area on group size in spotted Deer Cervus nippon (Temm., 1838) During the Period with Permanent Snow Cover. EHkologiya [Russian Journal of Ecology]. 2017, vol. 48, no 3, pp. 251–255. (in Russian)
11. Pavlinov I. Ya., Kruskop S. V., Varshavsky A. A., Borisenko A. V. Nazemnye zveri Rossii. Spravochnik-opredelitel' [Ground animals of Russia]. Moscow, Comrade. sci. ed. KMK, 2002, pp. 79–121, 226–248. (in Russian)
12. Rozhnov V. V., Naidenko S. V., Hernandez-Blanco Kh. A., Lukarevsky V. S., Sorokin P. A., Maslov M. V., Litvinov M. N., Kotlyar A. K. Seasonal changes in the food base of the Amur tiger: the experience of using the photo trap array. Zoologicheskij zhurnal [Zoological journal]. 2012, vol. 91, no 6, pp. 746–756. (in Russian)
13. Rozhnov V. V., Sidorchuk N. V., Erofeeva M. N., Maslov M. V. The reproductive behaviour of the Asian badger (Meles leucurus amurensis) in the Ussuri Reserve. Zoologicheskij zhurnal [Zoological journal]. 2014, vol. 93, no 6, pp. 778–785. (in Russian)
14. Sidorchuk N. V., Rozhnov V. V., Maslov M. V. Strategies for using settlements the Asian badger Meles leucurus in the Ussuri Reserve. V knige: Povedenie i povedencheskaya ehkologiya mlekopitayushchih. Materialy 3-j nauchnoj konferencii [Behavior and behavioral ecology of mammals. Materials of the 3rd scientific conference]. 2014, pp. 118–119. (in Russian)
15. Sidorchuk N. V., Rozhnov V. V., Maslov M. V. Daily activity of the Asian badger (Meles leucurus amurensis Schrenck 1859) in settlements in the Ussuri Reserve. Uchenye zapiski Petrozavodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Scientific notes of Petrozavodsk State University]. 2016, no 2 (155), pp. 42–48. (in Russian)
16. Skripova К. V., Оgorodnikov E. М., Маslov М. V. Accommodation of dens of Himalayan bear in the ecosystems of the Ussuri Nature Reserve, FEB RAS. V knige: XXIX Mezhdunarodnyj kongress biologov-ohotovedov. Sbornik materialov. [XXIX International Congress of Biologists-Hunters]. 2009, pp. 245. (in Russian)
17. Skripova К. V., Маslov М.V . Early spring Himalayan bear behavior (Ursus thibetanus) in the territory of the Ussuri Reserve. Biodiversity and Environment of Far East Reserves [Biodiversity and Environment of Far East Reserves]. 2011, no 1, pp. 143–152. (in Russian)
18. Aramilev V. Sika deer in Russia. Sika deer: biology and management of native and introduced populations. Japan, Springer, 2009. pp. 475–500.
19. Baker R. R. The evolutionary ecology of animal migration. Hodder & Stoughton, London, United Kingdom, 1978, 102 р.
20. Chadwick A., Ratcliffe P., Abernethy K. Sika deer in Scotland: Density, population size, habitat use and fertility. Some comparisons with red deer. Scottish Forestry 50, 1996, pp. 8–16.
21. Graeme M., Swanson G., Putman R. Sika deer in the British Isles. Sika deer: biology and management of native and introduced populations. Japan, Springer, 2009, pp. 595–614.
22. Igota H., Sakuragi M., Uno H. Seasonal Migration of Sika Deer on Hokkaido Island, Japan. Sika deer: biology and management of native and introduced populations, Japan, Springer, 2009. — pp. 251–272.
23. White C. G., Garrott R. A. Analysis of wildlife radio-tracking data. Academic Press, San Diego, California, USA, 1990, pp. 251–272.
About this article
Author: Maslov M.V.