April 2018, № 4 (216), pages 14-22doi: 10.25198/1814-6457-216-14
Valetov M.R., Pankratovich T.M., Pankratovich J.G. PROVIDING THE EFFICIENCY OF THE RAPID SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PROCESS OF TABLE TENNIS PLAYERS' AT THE STAGE OF SPORTS SPECIALIZATIONOne of the leading physical abilities of a table tennis player is the rapid skills, manifested in the swift player's movements, in speedy attacks and strikes, in making defense decisions and in choosing counterattacking actions. Despite a number of interesting developments in theoretical studies, it is necessary to state that in the sports practice, many children's coaches encounter with certain difficulties in the selection of means and methods for rapid skills development of junior table tennis players during the training process.
The most significant aspects of the highlighted pedagogical problem relate to the search for optimizing means and methods for the rapid skills development of junior table tennis players.
In our research we provide the theoretical basis and apply the experimental technique in the rapid skills development of junior table tennis players. The basic concepts of our rapid skills development methodology are the following: the proper choice of the training means on the basis of the structural compliance with corresponding exercises and their rational usage; the choice of the most efficient methods for the rapid skills development of 10–11 year old table tennis players; the formation of junior athletes’ ability to demonstrate strong-willed efforts directed at maximum speedy movements.
The pedagogical requirements for the rapid skills development methodology of 10–11year old table tennis players at the stage of sports specialization are defined in the given research. The experimental technique was developed and tested in the conditions of the educational process on the basis of implementation of the revealed pedagogical requirements. The received research results let us conclude that the implementation of the given technique influenced to the great extent the efficiency of rapid skills development of junior table tennis players at the stage of sport specialization.Key words: rapid skills, table tennis, junior athletes, rapid skills development methodology.
1. Amelin A. N. Nastol'nyj tennis: 6+12 [Table tennis: 6+12]. Moscow, Physical culture and sport, 2005, 184 p. (in Russian)
2. Vasilkov A. A. Teoriya i metodika sporta [Theory and technique of sport]. Rostov-na-Donu, Phoenix, 2008, 192 p. (in Russian)
3. Guzhalovsky A. A. Osnovy teorii i metodiki fizicheskoj kul'tury [Bases of the theory and technique of physical culture: manual]. Moscow, Physical culture and sport, 1986, 352 p. (in Russian)
4. Zatsiorsky V. M. Fizicheskie kachestva sportsmena [Physical qualities of the athlete: manual]. Moscow, FIS, 1970, 150 p. (in Russian)
5. Matveev L. P. Obshchaya teoriya sporta i ee prikladnye aspekty [General theory of sport and her applied aspects]. St. Petersburg, Fallow-deer, 2005. 384 p. (in Russian)
6. Matveev L. P. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoj kul'tury [Theory and technique of physical culture]. Moscow, Physical culture and sport, 1991, 544 p. (in Russian)
7. Maksimenko A. M. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoj kul'tury [Theory and technique of physical culture: the textbook for higher education institutions of physical culture]. Moscow, Physical culture, 2009, 496 p. (in Russian)
8. Ozolin N. G. Nastol'naya kniga trenera: Nauka pobezhdat' [Reference book of the trainer: The science to win]. Moscow, Sovetsky Sport, 2004, 864 p. (in Russian)
9. Pankratovich T. M, Kuptsova V. G. Pedagogicheskie usloviya optimizacii processa samovospitaniya yunyh sportsmenov. Obrazovatel'no-innovacionnye tekhnologii: teoriya i praktika: monografiya [Pedagogical conditions of optimization of process of self-education of young athletes. Educational and innovative technologies: theory and practice: monograph]. Voronezh, VGPU, Book 11, 2012, Chapter XII, pp. 210–227. (in Russian)
10. Pankratovich T. M., Mikheyeva T. M., Pankratovich Yu. G., Stepanova M. V. Praktiko-oriyentirovannye aspects of education of the general endurance at students on occupations physical culture of various specific orientation. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Vestnik of the Orenburg State University], 2016, no 7, pp. 28–35. (in Russian)
11. Filin V. P., Fomin N. A. Osnovy yunosheskogo sporta [Bases of youthful sport]. Moscow, Physical culture and sport, 1990, 255 p. (in Russian)
12. Holodov Zh. K., Kuznetsov V. S. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskogo vospitaniya i sporta: uchebnoe posobie dlya studentov VUZov [Theory and technique of physical training and sport: manual for students of HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS]. Moscow, Academy, 2003, 480 p. (in Russian)
13. Bufton А. A comparison of the upper limb movement kinematics utilized by children playing virtual and real table tennis. Human Movement Science, 2014, vol. 38, ‒ pp. 84–93.
14. Fu F. Q., Zhang Y., Shao S. R., Ren J., Lake M., Gu Y. D. Comparison of center of pressure trajectory characteristics in table tennis during topspin forehand loop between superior and intermediate players International Journal of Sports Science & Coaching, 2016, vol. 11, no 4, pp. 559–565.
15. Godoy-Izquierdo D., Velez M., Pradas F. Young table tennis, badminton and football players, level of control over psychological skills Revista De Psicologia Del Deporte, 2009, vol. 18, no 1, pp. 7–22.
16. Munivrana G., Furjan-Mandic G., Kondric M. Determining the Structure and Evaluating the Role of Technical-Tactical Elements in Basic Table Tennis Playing Systems International Journal of Sports Science & Coaching, 2015, vol. 10, no 1, pp. 111–132.
17. Poolton J. M. The influence of analogy learning on decision-making in table tennis. Evidence from behavioural data Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 2006, vol. 7, no 6, pp. 677–688.
About this article
Authors: Valetov M.R., Pankratovich T.M., Pankratovich Yu.G.