January 2018, № 1 (213), pages 25–31
Zubova L.V., Aptikieva L.R.
ON THE ISSUE OF GENDER DIFFERENCES IN THE MANIFESTATION OF JUVENILE DELINQUENCY (ON THE EXAMPLE OF THE ORENBURG REGION)
The urgency of the work is determined by the fact that the current state of juvenile delinquency in Russia can be assessed as ambiguous, since, on the one hand, official statistics show a fairly stable trend of recession and relative stability in the manifestation of criminal activity among minors in recent years and a decrease in their number in the colonies. On the other hand, this decline is largely due to demographic trends and a reduction in the size of this age group as a whole. The dominant factors of juvenile delinquency still retain their significance (violations of the process of socialization, adaptation due to the dysfunctionality of educational and family institutions, low effectiveness of preventive work at the family level, deterioration of the social and economic situation) and are potential risk factors for the dynamics of juvenile delinquency . Juvenile offenders (from 14 to 17 years of age) form an independent category with a special legal status and specific social and psychological traits. At the present time, the problems connected with the high level of latency of juvenile delinquency, which requires caution in official statistics, adolescents’ offenses against them, the increase in the proportion of juvenile female offenders, and the growing number of group crimes within groups different degrees of organization. The above facts require strengthening work on the development of institutes for the prevention of juvenile delinquency at the level of the family, school, local communities, creating channels of social mobility for adolescents who are outside the institution of the family or in any difficult life situation. In our study, using monographic and analytical methods of research, we examined gender differences in the manifestation of antisocial orientation in minors in the example of the Orenburg region. In pursuing this goal, we studied the differences between boys and girls in committing crimes; analyzed the statistical data of juvenile delinquency in Russia as a whole, and, in the Orenburg region, in particular; revealed gender differences in the manifestation of an aggressive orientation (selection: 160 people of the advanced teenage age, 14–17 years, pupils of general educational schools No. 64, No. 30 of Orenburg). In boys, aggression manifests itself more openly, rigidly, roughly, is less operated and controllable; the prevailing types: physical aggression (dominates at 80 %); irritation and negativism (dominates at 65 % and 55 % — respectively). In girls, verbal aggression predominates (it is significantly expressed at 80 %), indirect (75 %), suspiciousness (65 %) prevails.
Key words: gender differences, juvenile delinquency, antisocial orientation, aggressive orientation, adolescence, juvenile delinquency.
1.Aptikieva L.R., Aptikiev A.Kh., Bursakova M.S. Psihologo-pedagogical prophylaxis of propensity to antisocial behavior of teenagers in school. Aktual'nye problemy psihologii i pedagogiki v sovremennom mire: sbornik trudov uchastnikov III Mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii [Actual problems of psychology and pedagogy in the modern world: the collection of works of participants of the III International scientific and practical conference]. Moscow: PFUR, 2017, pp. 147–152.
2. Aptikiev A.Kh., Aptikieva L.R., Bursakova M.S. To the problem of studying the criminal orientation of the adolescent’s personality Psihologiya i Psihotekhnika [Psychology and Psychotechnics], 2016, no. 12, 15 p. DOI: 10.7256 / 2454-0722.2016.12.22976.
3. Erezhypaliev D.I. Features of prevention of juvenile delinquency. Rossijskaya yusticiya [Russian Justice], 2015, no. 2, pp. 36–39.
4. Zubova L.V., Aptikieva L.R., Bursakova M.S. To the issue of prevention and correction of the criminal nature of the adolescent’s personality. Psihologiya i Psihotekhnika [Psychology and Psychotechnics], 2017, no. 1, 15 p. DOI: 10.7256 / 2454-0722.2017.1.23288.
5. Zubova L.V. About the problem of psychology of the antisocial personality in the modern Russian society from the position of the integrative approach. Vestnik OGU [Bulletin of the OSU], 2013. no. 2 (151), pp. 96–100.
6. Oficial'nyj sajt Federal'noj sluzhby gosudarstvennoj statistiki [Official site of the Federal State Statistics Service]. Available at: http://www.gks.ru/.
7. Portal pravovoj statistiki General'noj Prokuratury RF [Portal of legal statistics of the General Prosecutor’s Office of the Russian Federation]. Available at: http://crimestat.ru/.
8. Scherba S.P., Erezigaliev D.I. Prokuror v dosudebnom proizvodstve po ugolovnym delam: monografiya [Prosecutor in pre-trial proceedings in criminal cases: monograph]. M.: Yurlitinform, 2015, 168 p.
9. Brook, J.S., Gordon, A.S., Whitem, M. Stability of personality during adolescent and its relationship to stage of drug use. General Social and General Psychological Monografy, 2012, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 319–330.
10. Snook B., Cullen R.M., Bennell C., Taylor P.J., Gendreau P. The Criminal Profiling Illusion: What’s Behind the Smoke and Mirrors? Criminal Justice and Behavior. 2010, no. 1, vol. 35, pp. 1257–1276.
About this article
Authors: Zubova L.V., Aptikieva L.R.