Sakharova N.S., Tomin V.V. UNIVERSITY STUDENTS POLYETHNIC COMPETENCE DEVELOPMENT DURING CROSS-CULTURAL INTERACTION The internal and external factors that can influence cross-cultural interaction, either providing or preventing its' realization, are analyzed in the article. One of such factors is, for example, personal characteristics of the interaction participants, among which a very special attention is paid to the national conscience and self-conscience. Ethnic self-conscience is a phenomenon that is constantly being in the state of transformations and changes, and that is formed under the impact of the acquiring knowledge and evaluation system, allowing a person to act as a full member of cross-cultural interaction. Using the axiological approach, authors note that ability and readiness of a person to enter the cross-cultural interaction has at least 3 stages: evaluative orientation, evaluative self-orientation and evaluative interaction as such. The article comprises different definitions of "polyethnic or cross-cultural competence" of university students. Being the condition of effective cross-cultural interaction, and at the same time, its' result, the polyethnic competence of students implies practical application and realization of knowledge ground, theoretical norms, rules and categories in cultural and social spheres in order to set a communicative channel and mutual understanding with the representatives of different ethnic groups and cultural communities. In order to define the mechanisms of cross-cultural competence development, there is its' component structure emphasized and described in the article, including cognitive, axiological and praxeological elements, though their boundaries are vague in reality and have rather idealized character. Authors arrive to the conclusion that students cross-cultural (polyethnic) competence is an intricate system anthropocentrically directed, which is characterized by total of axiological, cognitive and operational aspects, having the following dynamic properties: formation, functionality and development. Process of cross-cultural competence development comprises personal transformation by means of gradual reformation of cognitive and evaluative properties of an individual in the current real space and time dimension and is stipulated by changing succession of diverse phases, stages and levels. Key words: cross-cultural competence, polyethnic competence, ethnic self-conscience, cross-cultural interaction, evaluative orientation, development phases.
1. Bogomolova A.Y. About lingustic features of electronic translation of scentific and technical texts / V.V. Tomin, N.V. Eremina, А.Y. Bogomolova // Bulletin of Orenburg state university. 2013. №11. P. 199-205.
2. Bochkareva, Т.S. Educational process at university as major factor for development of speech culture and axsiological potential of a person / Т.S. Bochkareva // Humanities, social-economic and social sciences. Krasnodar. 2013. №4. P. 108-111.
3. Eremina, N.V. Students' self working with phonetic material within non-lingustic bachelorate / N.V. Eremina, V.V. Tomin // University complex as regional center of education, science & culture: issues of All-Russian scientific & methodics conference; Orenburg state university. Orenburg: "University" Publishing, 2014. P. 2728-2732.
4. Zaritskaya, L. A. Professional linguistic development of future designer by means of the foreign language / L. A. Zaritskaya // Bulletin of Omsk University. 2011. №2. P. 169.
5. Ivanova, S.G. Organization of students' unsupervised foreign language work / S.G. Ivanova // Theory and practice of social development. 2013. №5. 143-147 p.
6. Kabanova, О.V. Students' foreign language self-learning / О.V. Kabanova, G.V. Terekhova // Philological sciences. Issues of theory and practice. Tambov: "Gramota" publishing, 2014. №4. P. 3. P. 92-94.
7. Kiriakova, A. V. Axiology of education: fundamental researches in pedagogics: monograph / A.V. Kiriakova and others. Moscow: "Dom Pedagogiky", 2008. 578 p.
8. Krapivina, М.Y. Using imitation and modelling techniques in teaching foreign language professinally oriented communication for univesity students / М.Y. Krapivina // Education and self-development. Kazan state university. Kazan: Center for innovative technologies, 2008. №2. P.120-125.
9. Ksenofontova, А.N. Internet-dialogue and media interaction in the development of students speech activity / А.N. Ksenofontova, V.V. Tomin // Bulletin of Orenburg state university. 2005. №12. P.54-59.
10. Ksenofontova, А.N. Theoretical and applied aspects of speech activity development: monograph / А.N. Ksenofontova, N.V. Eremina, V.V. Tomin. Orenburg: OSU, 2006. 263 p.
11. Mikhnevich, O.A. National self-conscience as integrative property of nation / O. A. Mikhnevich, V.G. Yaprintsev. Minsk: Harvest, 2007. 320 p.
12. Mosienko, L.V. Axiological self-determination of students in the university youth subculture: dissertation for doctor of pedagogical sciences degree:13.00.01. / L. V. Mosienko. Orenburg state university. Orenburg, 2012. 514 p.
13. Naumenko, A.V. Cross cultural competence of pre-school teacher / A.V. Naumenko // Science vector of TSU. 2011. №4(7). P.193-198.
14. Osiyanova, A.V. Marker-technology of students' linguistic and communicative culture formation: monograph // A. V. Osiyanova, V.L. Temkina, O.M. Osiyanova. Saint-Louis, Missouri, USA, 2014. 208 p.
15. Rule, A.A. Students' interaction on foreign language lessons of non-traditional forms, aimed to develop foreign language competence / V.V. Tomin, А.А. Rule // Philological sciences. Issues of theory and practice. Tambov: "Gramota" publishing, 2014. №4. P. 3. P. 180-183.
16. Sakharova, N.S. Development of university students' academic mobility in the present space-time of higher education system / N.S. Sakharova, V.V. Tomin // Bulletin of Orenburg state university. 2013. №2. P. 221-225.
17. Sakharova, N.S. Development of university students' foreign language competence: abstract of dissertation for doctor of pedagogical sciences degree:13.00.08. / N.S. Sakharova. Orenburg state university. Orenburg, 2004. 41 p.
18. Solodilova, I.A. Evaluation as a type of cognitive activity and lexical meaning component / I. A. Solodilova // Bulletin of Orenburg state university. 2010. №11(117). P.86-89.
19. Solodkaya, A. K. Readiness of pedagogical process participants for cross cultural interaction: criteria for cross cultural competence and ethnic tolerance / А.К. Solodkaya// Science practive. Pedagogics. 2012. Issue 176. V. 188. P. 102-107.
20. Terekhova, G.V. Bilingual educaion: problem of student's socialization: monograph / Edited by G.V. Terekhova. Orenburg, 2010.
21. Ter-Minasova, S.G. Language and intercultural communication / S.G. Ter-Minasova. Мoscow: Slovo, 2000. 624 p.
22. Tomin, V.V. Vector of dialogue relationships in the system of pedagogical interaction / V.V. Tomin // Almanac of modern science and education. Tambov: "Gramota", 2013. №4 (71). P. 189-191.
23. Tomin, V.V. Dialogue interaction as a factor of master degree students self-education ability being formed / V.V. Tomin, N.V. Eremina // University complex as regional center of education, science & culture: issues of All-Russian scientific & methodics conference; Orenburg state university. Orenburg: "University" Publishing, 2014. P. 2772-2778.
24. Tomin, V.V. Technologies of interaction as a factor of students' speech activity development: abstract of dissertation for candidate of pedagogical sciences degree: 13.00.01. / V.V. Tomin. Orenburg state university. Orenburg, 2006. 22 p.
25. Khotinets, V.Y. Ethnic and cultural peculiarities of professional reflection / V.Y. Khotinets, А.I. Troyanskaya // Psychological journal. 2011. V. 32, №3. P. 57-73.
26. Adler, P. S. Beyond Cultural Identity: Reflections on Multiculturalism / P. S. Adler // Basic Concepts of Intercultural Communication. Selected readings. — Boston. London: Intercultural Press, 1998. 272 p.
27. Giddens, A. The constitution of society / A. Giddens. Oxford: Polity Press, 1997. 179 p.
About this article
Authors: Saharova N.S., Tomin V.V.
|Sergey Aleksandrovich |