August 2020, № 4 (227), pages 11-17doi: 10.25198/1814-6457-227-11
Vernik I.S. CHARACTERISTIC OF SOCIAL SITUATION OF CHILDREN DEVELOPMENT IN THE ENVIRONMENT OF UNCERTAINTYThe value of personal success while reducing the importance of public welfare, a pragmatic outlook on life, the “phenomenon of mistrust” in the information received, and a decline in the authority of elders are characteristic of today’s rising generation. There is a contradiction between the need to ensure the successful socialization of children in modern society and the declining importance of traditional institutions: family, school, peer group in this process. The mass media are considered as one of the leading institutions of socialization of the younger generation. They are defined as a means of creating an educational and developmental environment that modernizes the norms of raising children and adolescents. In the course of theoretical research, I found that today cultural expectations, social prescriptions and restrictions, as well as requirements for the activities and behavior of a child are not fully defined. There is a variability and pluralism of public images that guide the direction of the process of raising modern children. The process of early introduction of children to the “adult” culture, widely demonstrated by the media, is alarming. Two contradictory phenomena are spreading: “social orphanhood” of children and “total control” over them by their parents, which indicates a crisis in parent-child relations. In my opinion, the modern school needs to take into account the desire of children and adolescents for indirect communication and socialization. They should be prepared for the constantly changing living conditions, alternative life and professional paths. It is necessary to teach them to navigate in a wide range of behavior patterns, including in the virtual space.Key words: social situation of development, Information Society, child’s and teenager’s guidance and education, family guidance, difficulties of child development.
1. Bozhovich, L. I. Schoolchidren’s relation to studying as psychological problem. Problemy formirovaniya lichnosti: izbrannye psihologicheskie trudy. [Problems of a person’s formation: selected psychological studies], Moscow, Institute Practicheskoy Psichologii, 1995, pp. 55 — 91.
2. Vygotskiy L.S. Problema vozrasta [The problem of age] vol. 4, Moscow, Pedagogika, 1983, 433p.
3. Karabanova O.A. Social’naya situaciya razvitiya rebenka: struktura, dinamika, principy korrekcii [Social situation of child’s development: structure, dynamics, principles of correction]. Doctor’s thesis, Moskow, 2002, 379 p.
4. Karabanova O.A. “Social situation of development” as alternative to “environment” to understand the force of child mental development. Zhurnal practicheskogo psichologa [Journal of practical psychologist], no. 1, Moscow, 2003, pp. 9 — 16.
5. Lebedeva O.V. Actuality of investigation of phenomenon of escapism of teenagers. Ot istokov k sovremennosti. Sbornik po materialam conferenczii [From sources to modernity. Digest of studies of conference] 2015/09/29, Moscow: Kognito-Czentr, 2015, pp. 41-45.
6. Melia M. Otstan’te ot rebenka! Prostie pravila mudrih roditeley [Let child alone! Simple rules of wise parents], Moscow, Eksmo, 2019, 208 p.
7. Nikonov E. Pochemu podrostki millennium — houmlenderi (2000 — 2006 y.b.) takie kolyuchie [Why millennium — home lender teenagers (2000 — 2006 y.b.) so thorny]. Available at: http://rugenerations.su/2018/06/06/почему-подростки-миллениум-хоумленд/
8. Sanjarevskiy I.I. Politicheskaya nauka [Political Science]: Dictionary — directory. Edition 6, corr. and edd., 2014. Available at: http://glos.virmk.ru/
9. The strategy of informative society of Russian Federation’s development in 2017 — 2030 years is affirmed by the President of Russian Federation’s decree no. 203 2017/05/09. Available at: http://consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_216363/e91cc5f89aaced60e19c6c6554fc03432f4ee971
10. Umanskaya E.G. Razvitie lichnosti v usloviyah deprivaczii [Personal development in conditions of deprivation]: Monograph, Moskow, Prometey, 2013, 160 p.
11. Shamis E. V sem’e ne bez Milleniuma. Chto delat’ pokoleniyu (1985-2002 g.r.), kotoroe menyaet mir [There are no families without Millennium. What to do generation (1985 — 2002 y.b.), that change the world]. Moscow, Synergy book, 2019, 184 p.
12. Ericson E.H. Detstvo i obhhshestvo [Childhood and society] (digest) . Edition 2, corr. and edd., Translation from English, Saint Petersburg, Lenato, AST, Fond “Universitetskaya kniga”, 1996, 592 p.
13. Education, Society and the K-12 Learner. Part II: Educational Psychology. Available at: http://courses.lumenlearning.com/teachereducationx92x1/ Дата обращения: 24.02.2020
14. Tomczyk Łukasz Digital competences of parents in the matter of electronic threats: SHS Web of Conferences 48, 01004 (2018) Available at: https://doi.org/10.1051/shsconf/20184801004 Дата обращения: 12.11.2020.
15. Marsh, J., Hannon, P., Lewis, M., & Ritchie, L. Young Children's Initiation into Family Literacy Practices in the Digital Age Journal Of Early Childhood Research, 15(1), 47-60, (2017).
16. Self-evaluation of Parental Competence — Differences Between Parents with Pedagogical and Non-Pedagogical Professions. World Journal of Education, Vol. 8, № 2 2018, С. 1-9
17. Socioemotional Development in Childhood. Available at: https:// courses.lumenlearning.com/atd-hostos-childdevelopment/chapter/socioemotional-development-in-childgood/
About this article
Author: Vernik I.S.
|Sergey Aleksandrovich |