August 2018, № 6 (218), pages 6-11doi: 10.25198/1814-6457-218-6
Vyazmin Y.N. HISTORICAL AND PEDAGOGICAL FORMATION OF MUSICAL EDUCATION PHENOMENON IN RUSSIA IN XIX — BEGINNING OF XX CENTURIESFor many centuries, great philosophers, scientists, educators, teachers put the art of music and musical education on one of the most important stages of general education. Based on the rich experience of the world pedagogical practice in the field of music education, Russia has come a long way of transformation.
My study is based on the combination of historical, theoretical, cultural and musical-analytical methods in relation to the phenomena located in the designated chronological relationship of national history, general and musical pedagogy, musicology, cultural studies, sociology, philosophy of culture.
The history of Russian musical education goes back to Ancient Russia, during the period of the Russian people’s conversion to Christian teaching. Until the 19th century, spiritual music remained an obvious priority in the sphere of musical culture.The demand for Church music turned the sphere of spiritual musical culture into a musical and educational structure that brought up a galaxy of Russian composers, singers and regents. The second half of the XIX century marked a new stage in the formation and development of musical education in Russia. Democratic trends that took place in Russian society after the abolition of serfdom, the activation of all aspects of public life have outlined the sociodynamics of musical education in the direction of a diverse contingent of students. In my opinion, this was the impetus for the further development of Russian music education, in which a significant place was given to the classical direction, the study and preservation of folk art, musical folklore. It seems to me very important and timely to create at this time musical structures and the opening of musical schools. The opening of Imperial Russian musical society in 1856 in St. Petersburg, and in 1860 in Moscow, opening of conservatories in St. Petersburg (1862) and in Moscow (1866), Free musical school in Moscow (1862) became bright events for this time. I believe that the period of the second half of XIX — early XX centuries was decisive in the formation of the system of musical education in Russia.
I think that the ideas laid down more than a hundred years ago help to preserve the fundamental, large-scale character and determine the strategy of development of Russian musical education in the XXI century.Key words: pedagogy, musical culture, musical education, folklore, Conservatory.
1. Apraksina O.A. Iz istorii muzykal'nogo vospitaniya: Hrestomatiya. [From the history of music education: Reader]. Moscow, Prosveshchenie, 1990, 206 p.
2. Arslanov V.G. Teoriya i istoriya iskusstvoznaniya. Antichnost'. Srednie veka. Vozrozhdenie: Uchebnoe posobie [Theory and history of art. Antiquity. Middle Ages. Revival: Tutorial]. Moscow, Akademicheskij proekt, 2015, 436 p.
3. Gaer D. Kak nachinalis' velikie religii. Istoriya duhovnoj kul'tury chelovechestva [How the great religions began. The history of the spiritual culture of mankind]. Moscow, Centrpoligraf, 2012, 255 p.
4. Gorelov A.A. Istoriya mirovoj kul'tury: Uchebnoe posobie [History of World Culture: Tutorial]. Moscow, Flinta, 2016, 512 p.
5. Dzhurinskij A.N. Istoriya pedagogiki i obrazovaniya [History of Pedagogy and Education]. Moscow, KDU, 2013, 400 p.
6. Dzhurinskij A.N. At the origins of pedagogical thought and education. Pedagogicheskoe obrazovanie i nauka: zhurnal. [Pedagogical education and science: journal], 2016, no 3, pp. 35–37.
7. D'yui D. Demokratiya i obrazovanie [Democracy and education]. Moscow, Pedagogika — Press, 2000. — 382 p.
8. Il'ina T.V., Fomina M.S. Istoriya otechestvennogo iskusstva ot kreshcheniya Rusi do nachala tret'ego tysyacheletiya: Uchebnik dlya akademicheskogo bakalavriata. [The history of Russian art from the baptism of Russia before the beginning of the third millennium: A textbook for academic undergraduate]. Lyubercy, YUrajt, 2016, 501 p.
9. Kapterev P.F. Istoriya russkoj pedagogiki v 2 ch. CHast' 1. Cerkovno-religioznaya i gosudarstvennaya pedagogiya: prakt. posobie dlya vuzov [History of Russian pedagogy at 2 part. Part 1. Church-religious and state pedagogy: pract. manual for universities]. Moscow, Izdatel'stvo YUrajt, 2016.
10. Kapterev P.F. Istoriya russkoj pedagogiki v 2 ch. CHast' 2. Obshchestvennaya pedagogiya: prakt. posobie dlya vuzov[History of Russian pedagogy at 2 part. Part 2. Church-religious and state pedagogy: pract. manual for universities]. Moscow, Izdatel'stvo YUrajt, 2016.
11. Koshman L.V. Istoriya russkoj kul'tury IX–XX vv.: Uchebnoe posobie [The history of Russian culture IX — XX centuries .: Tutorial]. Moscow, KDU, 2011, 490 p.
12. Lihachyov D.S. Russkaya kul'tura [Russian culture]. Moscow, Iskusstvo, 2000, 440 p.
13. Magaffi D.P. Istoriya klassicheskogo perioda grecheskoj literatury: Proza: istoriya, oratorskoe iskusstvo, filosofiya [The history of the classical period of Greek literature: Prose: history, oratory, philosophy]. Moscow, KD Librokom, 2015, 440 p.
14. Makarov M.I. Old Russian pedagogical thought in the mirror of literary reflection (second half of the XV — XVI centuries). Pedagogika: zhurnal. [Pedagogy: Journal], 2016, no 10, pp. 86–89.
15. Mahov N.M. Ontologiya iskusstva: Istoriya, teoriya, filosofiya “starogo” i “novogo” iskusstva. Obshchie aspekty mirovoj kul'tury. Teoriya ehsteticheskoj paradigmy; teoriya [The ontology of art: History, theory, philosophy of the “old” and “new” art. General aspects of world culture. Theory of aesthetic paradigm; theory]. Moscow, Lenand, 2016, 456 p.
16. Mollengauehr N.A. O muzykal'nom obrazovanii [About music education]. Moscow, A.A. Levenson, 1909, 199 p.
17. Odoevskij V.F. Sochineniya v 2-h t. [Works in 2 volumes]. Moscow, Hudozh. lit., 1981, T. 1, 365 p., T. 2, 365 p.
18. Pestalocci I.G. Izbrannye pedagogicheskie sochineniya v 2-h t [Selected pedagogical works in 2 volumes]. Moscow, Pedagogika, 1981, T. 1, 333 p., T. 2, 408 p.
19. Platon Gosudarstvo. Zakony. Politik [State. Laws. Politician]. Moscow, Mysl', 1998, 798 p.
20. Plutarh Sochineniya [Writings]. Moscow, Hudozh. lit., 1983, 703 p.
21. Smolenskij S.V. K voprosu o postanovke prepodavaniya cerkovnogo peniya v duhovno-uchebnyh zavedeniyah [On the issue of teaching church singing in spiritual and educational institutions]. Cerk. ved., 1909, no 7, 10, pp. 10–13.
22. SHackaya V.N. Muzykal'no-ehsteticheskoe vospitanie detej i yunoshestva [Musical and aesthetic education of children and youth]. Moscow, Pedagogika, 1975, 200 p.
23. SHenshin A.A. Principles and methods of general music education. Hrestomatiya po metodike muzykal'nogo vospitaniya v shkole [Reader on the method of music education in school]. Moscow, Prosveshchenie, 1987, pp. 18–23.
24. SHestakov V.P. Istoriya istorii iskusstva: Ot Pliniya do nashih dnej [Art History: From Pliny to the Present Day]. Moscow, Lenand, 2015, 336 p.
25. EHngel' YU.D. Musical education in Russia, existing and tea. Muzykal'nyj sovremennik. [Musical contemporary], 1915, no 1, pp. 18–30.
About this article
Author: Vyazmin Yu.N.