January 2018, № 1 (213), pages 84–91
Savin E.Z., Zhamuria N.A. THE ADAPTIVE CAPACITY OF WILD SPECIES OF GENUS MALUS P. MILL IN THE STEPPE ZONE OF THE SOUTHERN URALSThe steppe zone of the southern Urals is characterized by harsh conditions for growing fruit crops. Wild species provide an opportunity to create varieties characterized by high resistance to various environmental factors. In Orenburzhye the Apple tree is a widely used fruit crop. However, industrial gardening is not sufficiently developed due to the harsh climatic conditions of the southern Urals and the lack of a reliable range of Apple. The objects of study were 12 species of the genus Malus, native to collection of the Botanical garden of the Orenburg state University. The collection is laid out in 2012–2014 by the original vaccination forms, derived mainly from Botanical garden of Moscow state University. Rootstock — the seedlings of M. prunifolia (Willd.) Borkh.Planting scheme 5x3 m.Each type of fixed 3–5 plants. The General condition of plants was assessed visually on a 5-point scale: 5 points — healthy plant, 1 plant with symptoms of oppression. The drought types were determined in field and laboratory conditions. Field drought resistance was assessed on a 5-point scale: 5 points — a sign of damage by drought do not exist, 1 — marked signs of drying plants. Take into consideration the damage and the shedding of leaves and fruit. The assessment was conducted in June-August. Laboratory tests were conducted in early August by the method of G.N. Eremeev. In the laboratory also determined the heat resistance by the method of F.F. Matskova. Visually on a 5-point scale assessed the intensity of fruiting (5 — sporulation abundant, 0 — fruiting is not available) and foliage plants (5 — full foliage, 0 — no foliage). As the most promising species for further study on drought resistance it is possible to allocate M.x denticulate, M.x nan-schanska, M. platicarpa, M. zumi, which in the aggregate are considered indicators marked best value. The data presented are preliminary, as studies are being conducted for the first time on young plants.Key words: apple tree, drought resistance, heat resistance, adaptation.
1 Avdeev V.I. Comparative analysis of drought resistance of woody fruit plants. Vestnik Orenburgskogo GPU [Vestnik of the Orenburg GPU], 2005, no. 3, pp. 64–73.
2. Barsukova O.N. East Asian species of Apple and their selection and use. Sovremennoe sadovodstvo (ehlektronnyj zhurnal) [Modern gardening (electronic journal)], 2013, no. 2, pp. 1–11.
3. Blokhin E.V. EHkologiya pochv Orenburgskoj oblasti: pochvennye resursy, monitoring, agroehkologicheskogo rajonirovanie [Ecology of soils of Orenburg region: soil resources, monitoring, agro-ecological zoning]. Ekaterinburg, Uro ran, 1997, 227 p.
4. Vanina L.S., Vartapetyan V. Dikorastushchie yabloni (Kollekciya botanicheskogo sada biologicheskogo fakul'teta MGU imeni M.V. Lomonosova) [Wild Apple (Collection of Botanical garden of the biological faculty of MSU named after M. V. Lomonosov)]. Moscow: T-vo of scientific editions KMK, 2010, 84 p.
5. Diagnostika ustojchivosti rastenij k stressovym vozdejstviyam (metodicheskoe rukovodstvo) [Diagnostics of plant resistance to stress factors (methodological guide)]. Leningrad: all-Union Institute of plant industry named after N.I. Vavilova, 1988, 226 p.
6. Eremin G.V., Semenova L.G., Gasanova T.A. Fiziologicheskie osobennosti formirovaniya adaptivnosti, produktivnosti i kachestva plodov u kostochkovyh kul'tur v predgornoj zone Severo-Zapadnogo Kavkaza [Physiological features of the formation of adaptability, productivity and quality of fruit from stone fruit crops in predgornoe area of North-West Caucasus]. Maykop: Adygeya Republican. knig. Publishing house, 2008, 210 p.
7. Vitkovsky V. L., Ponomarenko V.V. (Ed) Katalog mirovoj kollekcii VIR. Vyp. 629. [Catalogue of VIR world collection. Vol. 629]. S-P.: all-Russian Institute of plant im. N.I. Vavilov, 1992, 70 p.
8. Klimentyev A.I., Blochin E.V. Pochvennye ehtalony Orenburgskoj oblasti. Materialy dlya Krasnoj knigi pochv Orenburgskoj oblasti [Soil standards Orenburg region. Materials for the red data book of soils of Orenburg region]. Ekaterinburg-Orenburg: Institute of steppe, 1996, 88 p.
9. Udovenko G.V. (Ed) Metodika diagnostiki ustojchivosti rastenij (zasuho-, zharo-, sole– i morozoustojchivosti) [The technique of diagnostics of plant resistance (drought, heat, salt and frost resistance)]. L., 1970, 74 p.
10. Lobanov G.A. (Ed) Programma i metodika selekcii plodovyh, yagodnyh i orekhoplodnyh kul'tur [Program and methods of breeding of fruit, berry and nut crops]. Michurinsk: VNIIS im. I. V. Michurina, 1980, 406 p.
11. Sedova E.N. , Ogoltsova T.P. (Ed) Programma i metodika sortoizucheniya plodovyh, yagodnyh i orekhoplodnyh kul'tur [Program and methods of variety investigation of fruit, berry and nut crops]. Orel: Izd-vo VNIIS fruit crops. 1999, 608 p.
12. Pustovoitova T.N. Izuchenie zasuhoustojchivosti plodovyh rastenij, predposevno-zakalennyh k zasuhe: sb. statej [The study of drought resistance of fruit plants, predpisano-hardened to drought: collection of articles]. M.: Nauka, 1971, pp. 196–204.
13. Russkin G.A. Geografiya Orenburskoj oblasti (prirodnye usloviya, prirodnye resursy): uchebnoe posobie [The geography of the Orenburg region (natural environment, natural resources): a tutorial]. Orenburg, 2003, 162 p.
14. Savin E.Z., Nigmatyanov M.M, Aleeva O.V., Degtyarev N. Behavior of clonal rootstocks of Apple in nursery and the nursery in the steppe zone of the southern Urals. Vestnik OGU [Vestnik OSU], 2010, no. 6(112), pp. 19–28
15. Semenov E.A. Economic evaluation of natural resource potential of the Orenburg region. VestnikOGU [Vestnik OSU], 2013, no. 10(159), pp. 336–339
16. Chibilyov A.A. Priroda Orenburgskoj oblasti. CH 1. Fiziko-geograficheskie i istoriko-geograficheskij ocherk [Nature of the Orenburg region. CH 1.Physico-geographical and historical-geographical essay]. Orenburg: OrenburgbranchoftheRussiangeographicalsociety, 1995, 128 p.
17. Crimshaw J., Bayton R. New Trees: Recent Introductions to Cultivation. The Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew and the International Dendrology Society, 2009, 976 pp.
19. Hillier J., Coombes A. (Conculting Editors). The Hillier manual of trees and shrubs. David and Charles, 2003, 512 pp.
18. Facciola S. Cornucopia II. Source Book of Plants. Kampong Publications Vista., 1998.
20. Grassi F. , Ravia R. , Sartori A. (Ed) Italian Horticulture. Roma, 1998.
About this article
Authors: Zhamurina N.A., Savin E.Z.