Mjachina K.V. THE CHOICE OF ECOLOGICAL AND ECONOMIC SAFETY INDICATORS WITHIN THE STEPPE OIL AND GAS PRODUCTION TERRITORIES
There are many methodological approaches to the analysis of the relationship between economic growth of the territory and its impact on the environment. The proposed concepts, as a rule, are based on the assumption that the industry provides socio-economic benefits for the region and beyond, contributing to the improvement of the ecological situation. Some authors argue that the improvement of the ecological situation only occurs up to a certain point after which environmental damage begins to grow again amid the ongoing economic growth. As a rule, each writing team offers to analyze your own system of indicators called sustainable development indicators that characterize the dynamics of the state of economic, social and environmental spheres of the territory. For each case a system of indicators requires adaptation and adjustment, with the features of the main species of land use. The article proposes a set of indicators reflecting the relationship between economic, environmental and social components of the integrated development of oil and gas producing territories of the steppe zone of Orenburg region. The system of indicators formed on the basis of the analysis of the situation in the three municipalities, where the dominant component of economic is the extraction of oil and gas. The indicators are divided into three groups, reflecting the social, economic and environmental aspects of sustainable development. The system of indicators adapted and adjusted to the local characteristics of the study area and aims to objectively reflect the relationship and dynamics aspects of the administrative units development. Also taken into account such a limiting factor as the availability of the necessary statistical data. Key words: oil and gas production, ecological and economic safety of the territory, indicators, relationship, steppe zone.
1. das Neves Almeida, T. A., Cruz, L., Barata, E., & García-Sánchez, I. M. Economic growth and environmental impacts: An analysis based on a composite index of environmental damage. Ecological Indicators, 2017, 76, 119-130.
2. Economic Impact of Oil and Gas Activities in the West Texas Energy Consortium Study Region. Report: prepared by the Center for Community and Business Research at The University of Texas of San Antonio’s Institute for Economic Development, Texas. 2012. 94 p.
3. Egli, H., Steger, T.M. A dynamic model of the environmental Kuznets curve:turning point and public policy. Environ. Resour. Econ. 2007. №36, С. 15–34.
4. Estoque R. C., Murayama Y. A worldwide country-based assessment of social-ecological status using the social-ecological status index //Ecological Indicators. 2017. Т. 72. С. 605-614.
5. Kaika, D., Zervas, E. The environmental Kuznets curve (EKC) theory–Part A:concept, causes and the CO2emissions case. Energy Policy. 2013. № 62, С. 1392–1402.
6. Lee J. The regional economic impact of oil and gas extraction in Texas //Energy Policy. — 2015. — Т. 87. — С. 60-71.
7. Lomas P. L., Giampietro M. Environmental accounting for ecosystem conservation: Linking societal and ecosystem metabolisms //Ecological Modelling. 2017. Т. 346. С. 10-19.
8. Miao C., Sun L., Yang L. The studies of ecological environmental quality assessment in Anhui Province based on ecological footprint //Ecological Indicators. — 2016. — Т. 60. — С. 879-883.
9. Ojeh V. N. 2012. Sustainable development and gas flaring activities: a case study of Ebedei area of Ukwuani LGA, Delta State, Nigeria. — Resources and Environment. Т. 2. №. 4. С. 169-174.
10. Belik I. S., Burmakina L. A., Vivares K. A., Starodubets N. V. Ecological and economic security: textbook. allowance. Ekaterinburg : UrFU, 2015. 152 p.
11. Indicators of sustainable development of Russia (ekologo-economic aspects) / Under the editorship of S. N. Bobyleva, P. A. Makeyenko, M.: 2001. 220 p.
12. Industrial complex of the Orenburg region. The oil and gas industry [Electronic resource] / Online access: http://www.orenburg-gov.ru/Info/Economics/Industry/, 2017.
13. Tarasova N. P., Kruchina E. B. Indices and indicators of sustainable development [Electronic resource] / Online access: http://www.cawater-info.net/ecoindicators/pdf/tarasova_kruchina.pdf, 2017.