Safonov M.A., Shamraev A.V., Dubskyi E.V.
THE ABILITY OF TTRAMA OF TRUE POLYPORE (FOMES FOMENTARIUS FR.) TO OIL SORPTION
Oil and oil products are among the most toxic environmental pollutants. There is a wide range of substances with necesarului ability, which include mineral and organic sorbents. The use of organic sorbents are more environmentally friendly due to their genesis; as the sorbents are oil-impregnated they can be used as fuel. Search and evaluation of new organic sorbents is an actual problem of ecology. The ability of the oil sorbing by trama of basidioms of Fomes fomentarius Fr. was studied. This species is a cosmopolitan widespread in many regions of the world and occurring on dead wood and weakened trees of many genera of deciduous trees. In the experiment were used 3 canisters filled with distilled water containing oil products with a concentration of 5, 10 and 15 %. In each canister was dropped segments of fruiting bodies with a thickness of 1, 1.5 and 2 cm were dropped. For 3, 7 and 10 day of the experiment, there was a steady absorption of oil in each of the samples. As the saturation of oil, the segments were immersed to the bottom. The saturation of oil products was uneven and depended on the thickness of the sorbent and the concentration of oil. In parallel with adsorption, there was a gradual separation of the oil to fractions in all three cans, accompanied by the formation of mycogenic protein-mat. It can be concluded that the tissue of a fruit body of polypore present effectively oil absorbtion; the fungi has a pronounced catalytic activity, which leads to the decomposition of the oil to the fractions. The most efficient thickness of the oil — sorbent was 1.5 cm.
Key words: oil, pollution, organic sorbent, fungi, true polypore, Fomes fomentarius.
1. Fakhru’l-Razi, A., Pendashteh, A., Abdullah, L. C., Biak, D. R. A., Madaeni, S. S., & Abidin, Z. Z. Review of technologies for oil and gas produced water treatment // Journal of hazardous materials, 170(2), 2009. P.530-551.
2. Wahi, R., Chuah, L. A., Choong, T. S. Y., Ngaini, Z., & Nourouzi, M. M. Oil removal from aqueous state by natural fibrous sorbent: an overview // Separation and Purification Technology, 113, 2013. P.51-63.
3. Li, D., Zhu, F. Z., Li, J. Y., Na, P., & Wang, N. Preparation and characterization of cellulose fibers from corn straw as natural oil sorbents // Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 52(1), 2012. P.516-524.
4. Arens V.G., Saushin A.Z., Gridin O.M., Gridin A.O. Cleaning the environment from hydrocarbon pollution. — Мoscow: Interbook, 1999. — 180 p.
5. Gridin O.M. About oil sorbents // Metallurg. — 2000. — № 10. Pp. 25-31.
6. Safonov M.A. Timber fungi (Polyporaceae s. lato) of the forests of the Orenburg region // Mycology and phytopatology. 1999. Т.33. Вып.2 — Pp. 75-80.
7. Ryvarden L., Gilbertson R.L. European Polypores. — Oslo: Fungiflora, 1992-1994. — V.1-2. — 684 p.
8. Safonov M.A. Wood-inhabiting aphyllophoroid fungi of the Southern Preurals (Russia) // Mycena. — 2006. — V.6. — P.57-66.
9. Roussel, B., Rapior, S., Charlot, C., Masson, C. L., & Boutié, P. History of the therapeutic uses of the tinder polypore, Fomes fomentarius (L.: Fr.) Fr. // Revue d’Histoire de la Pharmacie, 50(336), 2001. P. 599-614.
10. Saar, M. Fungi in Khanty folk medicine // Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 31(2), 1991. P.175-179.
11. Senyuk, O. F., Gorovoj, L. F., Beketova, G. V., Savichuk, N. O., Rytik, P. G., Kucherov, I. I., ... & Prilutsky, A. I. Anti-infective properties of the melanin-glucan complex obtained from medicinal tinder bracket mushroom, Fomes fomentarius (L.: Fr.) Fr. (Aphyllophoromycetideae) // International journal of medicinal mushrooms, 13(1). 2001. P.7-18
12. Safonova T.I. Resources of medicinal fungi of the Orenburg region // Vestnik of Orenburg state university. — 2010. — № 4. — Pp. 70-71.
13. Safonov M.A. Check list of wood-destroying basidiomycetes of Orenburg Cisurals (Russia) // Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta. Elektronniy nauchniy zhurnal = Vestnik of Orenburg State Pedagogical University. Electronic Scientific Journal. 2015. № 2 (14). P. 29–46.
About this article
Authors: Safonov M.A., Shamraev A.V., Dubskyi E.V.