Pyriev E.A. EMOTIONAL AND CONCEPTUAL MOTIVESThe article reveals the motivational characteristics of emotion. It is proved that human behavior is influenced not only by any realized necessity but some subconscious processes as well. Having analysed the motivational capabilities of conscious sence-making motives set in A.N. Leontiev's concept and the subconscious motives theory by L.I. Bozhovich, the author states that emotion plays an important role in person's motivation. The term "emotional motivation" is regarded as possible to be introduced. Key words: emotion, motivation, emotional acts, incitement, necessity, emotional motives.
1. Allport, G. The Personality in psychology. — Moscow: Uventa, 1998 ( in Russian).
2. Allport, G.W. Personality: A psychological interpretation. — N.Y.: Holt, 1937.
3. Bozhovich, L.I. The problems of formation of personality. — Moscow: Institute of Practical Psychology, 1995 (in Russian).
4. Breslav, G. The Psychology of Emotion. — Moscow: Smysl, 2004 (in Russian).
5. Dodonov, B.I. Emotion as a Value. — Moscow: Politizdat, 1978 ( in Russian).
6. Freud, Z. The psychology of subconscious. — Moscow: Prosveshcheniye, 1989 (in Russian).
7. Gippenreiter, J.B. Introduction in general psychology. — Moscow: MGU, 1998 (in Russian).
8. Izard, C.E. The Psychology of Emotions. — St. Petersburg: Peter, 2002 ( in Russian).
9. Leeper, R.W. The Motivational Theory of Emotion. The Psychology of Emotions. — St. Petersburg: Peter, 2007. — P. 210–224 ( in Russian).
10. Leontiev, A.N. Requirements, motives and emotions. In Psychology of Motivation and Emotion. — Moscow: Astrel, 2009 (in Russian).
11. Pyriev, E.A. Motivational opportunities of emotions and needs: the comparative analysis // Vestnik of the Orenburg State University, 2012. — 9 (145 ). — P. 35–42 (in Russian).
12. Pyriev, E.A. The Evaluation of the Emotions Motivation Means. — Izvestia Samara's science center of Russian Academy of Sciences, 2013. — Vol. 15. — 2(4). — P. 972–976 (in Russian).
13. Ribot T. Psychology of Feelings. — St. Petersburg: Publishing House F. Pavlenkova, 1898 ( in Russian).
14. Uznadze, D. Psychological studies. — Moscow: Nauka,1966 ( in Russian).
15. Villunas, V. The main problems of Psychology of emotions. In Psychology of emotions. — St. Petersburg: Peter, 2007. — P. 8–42 (in Russian).
16. Zimbardo, P.G. The Human Choice: individuation, Beason, and Order Versus Deindividuation, Impulse, and Chaos. In: Arnold W.J. (ed). Nebr, Symp. On Motivation. Lincoln Univ. of Nebraska Press. 1969.
About this article
Author: Pyryev E.A.