Shahsavar V.L., Tofighi S. UNCERTAINTIES ON FREE VIBRATION OF INHOMOGENEOUS ORTHOTROPIC REINFORCED CONCRETE PLATESAnalyzing the nearly collapsed and broken structures gives a good insight in the possible architectural and engineering design mistakes, faults in the detailing and the mismanagement of the construction by the building contractors. Harmful vibration effects of construction operations occur frequently. The background reviews have demonstrated that the problem of vibration serviceability of long-span concrete floors in buildings is complex and interdisciplinary in nature. In public buildings, floor vibration control is required due to meet Serviceability Limit States that ensure comfort of users of a building. In industrial buildings, machines are often placed on floors. Machines generate vibrations of various frequencies which are transferred to supporting constructions. Precision machines require a stable floor with defined and known dynamic characteristics. In recent years there has been increasing interest in the motion of elastic bodies whose material properties (density, elastic modules, etc.) are not constant, but vary with position, perhaps in a random manner. Concrete is a non-homogeneous and anisotropic material. Modeling the mechanical behavior of Reinforced Concrete (RC) is still one of the most difficult challenges in the field of structural engineering. One of the several methods for determining of the dynamic modulus of elasticity of engineering materials is the vibration frequency procedure. In this method, the required variables except modulus of elasticity accurately and certainty determined. In this research, uncertainly analysis of free vibration of inhomogeneous orthotropic reinforced concrete plates has been investigated. Due to the numerous outputs obtained, software package has been written in Matlab and analysis on the data and drawing related charts have been done.Key words: free vibration, concrete plates, orthotropic and inhomogeneous behavior, uncertainly analysis.
1. Bazant, ZdeneIk P., "Structural stability", International Journal of Solids and Structures, no 37, (2000).
2. Krauberger N., et. al., "Inelastic buckling load of a locally weakened reinforced concrete column", Engineering Structures, vol. 34, 278–288, (2012).
3. Department of Environment and Conservation (NSW), "Assessing Vibration: a technical guideline", ISBN 1 74137 812 5, February (2006).
4. Elishakoff, Isaac, "Eigenvalues of Inhomogeneous Structures", CRC Press, (2005).
5. S. BERCZYNSKI, et. al., "Estimation of nonlinear models" parameters of machine tool supporting systems using incomplete vibration test data", Advances in Manufacturing Science and Technology, 35(2011)3, 5-18.
6. Mostofinejad, Davood, "Reinforced Concrete Structures", Arkaneh danesh, Isfahan university, first edition, (2006).
7. L. Shahsavar, Vahid, "Forced vibration of non-uniform orthotropic inhomogeneous rectangular plates clamped in two sides", Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, AZUAC, Azerbaijan University Of Architecture and Construction, Vol. 21, No 1, (2011).
8. ACI-CRC Final Report, "A Study of Static and Dynamic Modulus of Elasticity of Concrete", October (2008).
9. Seema Sharma et. al., "Vibration Analysis of Non-Homogeneous Orthotropic Rectangular Plates of Variable Thickness Resting on Winkler Foundation", Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 291_300 (2012).
10. Lal, R., Kumar, Y. and Gupta, U. S., "Transverse Vibration of Non-Homogeneous Rectangular Plates of Uniform Thickness Using Boundary Characteristic Orthogonal Polynomials", Int. Jl. of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, Vol. 6, pp. 93_103 (2010).
11. Sh. Hosseini-Hashemi et. al., "Free vibration of functionally graded rectangular plates using first-order shear deformation plate theory", Applied Mathematical Modelling 34 (2010) 1276–1291
12. Kiran D. Mali, Pravin M. Singru, "Analytical model to determine fundamental frequency of free vibration of perforated plate by using unit step functions to express non-homogeneity", Journal of Vibro Engineering. Sep. (2012). Vol. 14, issue 3. issn 1392-8716.
13. Smith, A.L., et. al. "Design of Floors for Vibrations. A New Approach", SCI Publication P354, Ascot, (2007).
14. Mark R. Svinkin, "Minimizing Construction Vibration Effects, practice periodical on structural design and construction", ?ASCE, MAY (2004)
15. B. Ellingwood and A. Tallin, "Structural Serviceability: Floor Vibrations", journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 110, No.2, February, (1984), ?ASCE.
16. Pavic and P. Reynolds, "Vibration Serviceability of Long-Span Concrete Building Floors: Part 1 — Review of Background Information", University of Sheffield, Department of Civil and Structural Engineering, (2007).
17. Y. LUO, A. LI, Z. KANG, "Parametric study of bonded steel–concrete composite beams by using finite element analysis", Engineering Structures, 34(2012), 40-51.
18. Shuohui Yin et. al., "Free Vibration Analyses of FGM Thin Plates by Isogeometric Analysis Based on Classical Plate Theory and Physical Neutral Surface", Advances in Mechanical Engineering, hindawi publishing corporation Vol. (2013), http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/634584
About this article
Authors: Shahsavar V.L., Tofighi S.
|Sergey Aleksandrovich |