Kopayev S.Yu., Askerova S.M., Kopayeva V.G., Shafiev A.Ch. COMBINED USAGE OF NEODYMIUM YAG 1.44 ΜM AND HELIUM-NEON LASERS IN LACRIMAL APPARATUS SURGERYA novel technique based on simultaneous action of two types of laser radiation conducted with the same optical fiber for surgical treatment of lacrimal apparatus was proposed. The laser endodissector (neodymium YAG 1.44 μm) unblocks lacrimal outflow pathways. Helium-neon laser operates in continuous mode, activates the regeneration process of damaged tissues, has anti-inflammatory (phototherapeutic) effect on the inside of mucosa lining lacrimal apparatus, serves as an optical fiber, besides that, it's a marker for operating in the pulsed mode of colorless, destroying energy of Nd-YAG laser. We operated 60 patients with the diagnosis of obliteration of nasolacrimal canal, dacryocystitis, chronic rhinitis in remission stage. The patency of lacrimal passages was restored. Complications during the surgery and in the postoperative period were not observed. In the long-term period (6–18 months) in 53 cases (88 %) lasting positive effect took place. In two cases lacrimation was noticed at forward flexion of head due to atony of the lower eyelid. Relapse of inflammation was observed in 7 patients with both rhinitis and conjunctivitis. The combined application of two types of laser energy of different target impact, performed by one optical fiber for photodisruption (Nd-YAG 1.44 μm) and phototherapeutic effect using low-intensity helium-neon laser can reduce postoperative recovery period due to the leveling of concomitant inflammatory pathology and the activation of regenerative processes.Key words: lacrimal apparatus, Nd-YAG laser 1.44 μm, helium-neon laser.
1. Aznabaev М., Aznabaev B., Fattachov B., Кljavlin R. Laser Dacriocystorhinostomia. — Ufa, 2005, — 152 p.
2. Аstachov U., Rjabova М., Кusnezova N.et al. // Contemporary Methods for Diagnostics and Treatment of Lacrimal Organs. — М., 2005. — P. 41-45.
3. Beloglasov V. Endonasal Methods of Surgical Treatment of Lacrymal Canaliculus and Saccus Lacrimalis Obliterations. // Vestn. Ophthalmol. -1979.-№ 2. — P. 38 — 42.
4. Gubachek I., Cherna I.. He-Ne Laser Irradiation Effect on Some of the Microbes Growth. // Journal of Otorhinolaryngological Diseases -1984.-№5.- P. 66-68.
5. Inushin V. Low-intensity Laser Irradiation in Biology and Medicine. — Saratov City, 1976. — P. 142 — 145.
6. Каlugin V. Influence of Low-energy Laser Irradiation and Monochromatic Polarized Red Light on Staphylococcus. // Kazakhstan Public Health Service -1986. — № 2. — P. 45-47.
7. Кlimova L., Vadtapjan Y., Beschinskaja М. Grounds for He-Ne Usage According to Bacteriologic Study. // Vestn. Otorhinolaryngol — 1986. — № 6. — P. 67.
8. Кljavlin R. Transcanalicular Laser Endoscopic Dacriocystorhinostomia PhD Thesis, Ufa, 2002. — 14 p.
9. Kopayeva V., Askerova S., Kopayev S., Shafiev A. Method of Combined Usage of Neodimium YAG 1,44 мm and Helium-neon Lasers for Lacrimal Apparatus Surgery. // Russian Federation Patent № 2531470.- Priority since 11.07.2013.- Publication in Bulletin № 29 issued 20.10.2014.
10. Kopayev S., Borzenok S., Kopayeva V., Saburina I. Grounds for Bioenergetic Reparative Processes Stimulation During Laser Cataract Surgery // Collected scientific articles. 10th Russian Ophthalmologists Congress — Moscow, June 17-19 2015 p. 238
11. Kopayev S., Malyugin B., Kopayeva V. Laser Cataract Surgery Using Two Types of Laser Irradiation // Collected scientific articles. 10th Russian Ophthalmologists Congress — Moscow, June 17-19 2015 — P. 239
12. Кusbekov Sh., Farchutdinova А. Transcanalicular Laser Dacriocystorhinostomia with Lacrimal Outflow Pathways Intubation with Silicone Stent during Endoscopic Visualization in Children // Vestn. ОSU.- 2012.- № 12 (148).- P. 106-108.
13. Маlinovski. Surgical Treatment of Patients with Chronic Dacryocystitis Employing Dispensing Device and Microsurgical Technique (clinical and experimental study) // PhD thesis — Minsk, 1991.
14. Моchammad Аli Аchsan. Treatment of Lacrimal Apparatus Employing Low-Energy Helium-neon Laser // PhD thesis, М.- 2002.- 199 p.
15. Semenov А., Romachenkov F., et all. Biological Effects of Low-energy Laser Regimens in Ophthalmology // Hygienic Aspects of Laser Irradiation Employment in economy — М., 1982. — P.65 — 67.
16. Uldanov G. Experience of Helium-neon Laser Emloyment in Treatment of Some eye Diseases // Vestn. Ophthalmol. — 1983. — № 6. — P.70-71.
17. Chomjakova N. Idiopathic Obstructions of Nasolacrimal Duct and Pathogenetic Grounds for the Principle of their Treatment Treatment // PhD thesis — М., 1994. –145p.
18. Chekunov B. "Lacrimal Apparatus Diseases", Samara, 2001. — P.272
19. Jordan D. R., Nerad J. A. An acute inflammatory reaction to silicon stents (see recoments) // Ophthalm. Plast. Reconstr. Surg. -1987. — Vol. 3(3).-P. 147-150.
20. Ruby A. J., Lissner G. S., O'Crady R. Surface reaction on silicone tubes used in treatment of nasolacrimal drainage system obstruction // Ophthalmic Surg. -1991. — Vol. 22 ( 12 ). — P. 745 — 748.
21. Veloudios A., Hervey J., et al. Long — term placement of silastic nasolacrimal tubes //Ophthalmic Surg. -1991. — Vol. 22 (4). — P. 225 -227.
About this article
Authors: Kopaev S.Yu., Kopaeva V.G., Askerova S.M., Shafiev A.Ch.
|Sergey Aleksandrovich |