February 2020, № 1 (224), pages 41-48doi: 10.25198/1814-6457-223-41
Shipilina L.A. TEACHING MANAGERIAL DECISION-MAKING IN THE PROCESS OF EDUCATION MANAGERS TRAINING DURING THE MASTER’S COURSEProfessionalism of management in the area of education is one of the conditions that ensures quality of education. Decision-making is the sort of quintessence of management activity that has a direct impact on the operation and development of educational systems. Studying of the teaching experience of education managers training at a number of higher educational institutions in the Siberian region resulted in the necessity of considering the problem of rationalizing and developing the specialized program of teaching the decision-making process. The aim of the research is to rationalize, develop and prove experimentally the effectiveness of the program of teaching managerial decision-making for education managers during the Master’s course while using studies of the factors that have an impact on the efficiency of managerial decision-making.
During the research, statistical data about the influence of objective and subjective factors on the efficiency of education managers’ decisions made by them in the course of managing educational systems have been received. The concept of the author’s program of teaching education managers how to make managerial decisions ensures their mastering necessary skills as a process of development of the innovative culture. The content of the program allows to design the decision-making process as a specific kind of management activity. The methodical aspect of the program is aimed at using the case-study method in the process of teaching. The method provides optimal decision-making by its functionality. The research represents the experience of teaching the managerial decision-making process during the Master’s course at Omsk State Pedagogical University and the experimental data that prove the effectiveness of the developed program.
The realization of the teaching program of managerial decision-making in the process of education managers training during the Master’s course ensures developing the appropriate competence through mastering skills of strategy development, skills of analyzing the situation and taking into account its dynamics, skills of step-by-step implementation of decision-making procedure on the basis of comprehensive and qualitative information. Teaching managerial decision-making using the case-study method helps to decrease the role of subjective factors of the negative kind.Key words: management as a specific kind of activity, managerial decisions, managerial decision-making, taking Master’s course, program of teaching managerial decision-making, case study.
1. Gerasimov B.N. Development and making managerial decisions in professionalism of managers. Economics and business: theory and practice [Ekonomika i biznes: teoriya i praktika], 2016, pp. 18–24. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id
2. Druker P.F. Effektivnyj rukovoditel [Effective manager]. Moscow, Mann, Ivanov i Ferber: Eksmo, 2017, 232 p.
3. Dulzon A.A. Razrabotka upravlencheskih reshenij [Development of managerial decisions: manual]. Tomsk: Tomsk polytechnic university Publ, 2009, 295 p.
4. Zajvert L. Vashe vremya — v Vashih rukah: (Sovety rukovoditelyam. kak effektivno ispolzovat rabochee vremya) [Your time is in your hands: advice for leaders how to use working time effectively]. Moscow, Ekonomika, 1990, 232 p.
5. Zolotareva G.M. Applying active methods of teaching while manager’s training. Vestnik Tambovskogo gosudarstvennogo tehnicheskogo universiteta [Herald of Tambovsk state technical university], 2006, Vol.12, no. 4-2, pp.1181–1186. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=11912882
6. Ivasenko A.G. Razrabotka upravlencheskih reshenij [Development of managerial decisions: Educational manual]. Moscow, Knorus, 2017, 168 p.
7. Kalinina S.V. Increasing efficiency of managerial decisions in educational institutions. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Ekaterinburg, 2001, 23 p.
8. Kapustin S.N. Uspeshnyj menedzher: kejs-stadi po prinyatiyu reshenij. [Effective manager: case-study on decision-making]. Moscow, Izdatelskij dom “Delo” RANHiGS, 2014, 140 p.
9. Kornyushin V. Yu. Upravlenie trudovymi resursami [Human resourses management: educational manual]. Saint Petersburg, Obshestvo s ogranichennoj otvetstvennostyu Severo-zapadnaya akademiya ekonomicheskoj bezopasnosti, 2015, 79 p.
10. Korotkov E.M. Kontseptsia menedzhmenta [Management conception]. Moscow, Publishing and Consulting company DeKA, 1997, 304 p.
11. Litvak B.G. Razrabotka upravlencheskih reshenij [Development of managerial decisions]. Moscow, Delo, 2008, 440 p.
12. Mid M. Kultura i mir detstva: Izbrannye proizvedeniya [Culture and the world of childhood: Selected works]. Moscow, Nauka, 1988, 430 p.
13. Mincberg G. Dejstvuj effektivno! Luchshaya praktika menedzhmenta [Act effectively! Best management practice]. Saint Petersburg, Piter, 2011, 288 p.
14. Panfilova, A.P. Osnovy menedzhmenta: polnoe rukovodstvo po kejs-tehnologiyam [Basiсs of management: complete instruction on case-technologies]. Saint Petersburg, Piter, 2004, 204 p.
About this article
Author: Shipilina L.A.