January 2018, № 1 (213), pages 63–68
Satov М.К. MODERN METHODS OF FORMATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF SOCIAL SUCCESS OF THE OFFICER OF THE NATIONAL GUARD OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTANIn the context of modernization of military education, the problem of improving the quality of not only professional training, but also the upbringing of future officers, is of particular importance. Already in the process of education in a military higher educational institution, it is necessary to form cadets’ values of serving the Motherland and instilling in them the idea of the high social importance of their profession, requiring them to manifest a high level of initiative and responsibility. This suggests that, along with such important qualitative indicators of military specialist training, as knowledge, skills, the position of the social success of the future officer should be formed. At the same time, in our opinion, the optimally developed ability to switch between the realization of competence experience in action and awareness is the essence of social success. Analysis of the literature shows that the formation and development of this phenomenon is possible in two directions: on the one hand, through the accumulation of experience in resolving various difficult situations and successfully overcoming the difficulties encountered in activities, and on the other, by including the officer in the continuous process of education in the framework of the main directions of educational and upbringing activity, as well as systematic self-education. Priority for us in the formation and development of social success will be the second direction. At the same time, we assign psychiatric methods, and in particular methods of cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy, to the defining role in the formation and development of social success in the framework of our research. The experience of our work has made it possible to determine the specifics of implementing methods of cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy within the framework of military activities, which includes nine main stages, based on the principles of the ethical code of a psychologist and psychotherapist. Formation and development of social success within the framework of military activities is possible in the process of commander training, advanced training, and self-training.Key words: social success, psychological competence, cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy.
1. Abolina N.S. Psihologicheskaya kompetentnost' lichnosti: soderzhanie, urovni i mekhanizmy [Psychological competence of the individual: content, levels and mechanisms]. Yekaterinburg: Publishing house RSPPU, 2011, pp. 102–114.
2. Akssyonov A.P. The essence and structure of the psychological competence of the officers of the ESLW of the National Guard of the Republic of Kazakhstan. YUridicheskaya psihologiya [Juridical Psychology], 2015, №3.
3. Beck A., Rush A., Shaw B., Emery G. Kognitivnaya psihoterapiya depressii [Cognitive psychotherapy of depression]. St Petersburg., Piter, 2003.
4. Beck A., Freeman A. Kognitivnaya psihoterapiya rasstrojstv lichnosti [Cognitive psychotherapy of personality disorders]. St Petersburg., Piter, 2002.
5. Beck A., Judith S. Kognitivnaya terapiya: polnoe rukovodstvo [Cognitive therapy: complete guidance]. М.: LLC “I.D. Williams”, 2006, 400 p.
6. Dattlio F.M. Kognitivno-bihevioral'naya terapiya s parami i sem'yami [Cognitive-behavioral therapy with couples and families]. — М.: FORUM, 2015.
7. Deeva E.V. Technology of formation of social success of young men in the process of sports activity. Social'no-ehkonomicheskie processy i yavleniya [Socio-economic processes and phenomena], Tambov, 2011, №1–2.
8. Zelensky V.G. Osnovy bihevioral'no-kognitivnoj psihoterapii [Fundamentals of behavioral cognitive psychotherapy]. Tomsk, 2006, p. 23.
9. McCullough James Lechenie hronicheskoj depressii [Treatment of chronic depression]. St Petersburg.: Speech, 2003.
10. McCain M., Davis M., Fanning P. Kak pobedit' stress i depressiyu [How to overcome stress and depression]. Спб.: Piter, 2011.
11. McMullin Ryan Praktikum po kognitivnoj terapii [Workshop on cognitive therapy]. — St Petersburg.: Speech, 2001.
12. Thomas J. (Ed.), Hklunovskiy G.P. (Translator) Praktika psihosinteza: uprazhneniya, napravlennye na razvitie lichnosti i dostizhenie duhovnogo rosta [The practice of psychosynthesis: exercises aimed at developing the personality and achieving spiritual growth]. St Petersburg.: “Life”, “Ferro-Logos”, 1992, p. 32.
13. Prashko Ya., Mozhny P., Shlepetski М. Kognitivno-bihevioral'naya terapiya psihicheskih rasstrojstv [Cognitive-behavioral therapy of mental disorders]. М.: Institute of General Humanitarian Studies, 2015.
14. Yashnova О.А. Uspeshnost' mladshego shkol'nika [The success of the junior schoolboy]. М., 2003.
15. Amishi P. Jha, Elizabeth A. Stanley Examining the Protective Effects of Mindfulness Training on Working Memory Capacity and Affective Experience. Emotion, 2010, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 54–64.
16. Zeidan F., Johnson S.K., Diamond B.J. et al Mindfulness meditation improves cognition: Evidence of brief mental training. Consciousness and Cognition. 2010, vol. 19, pp. 597–605.
17. Schmertz S.K., Anderson P.L., Robins D.L. The relation between self6report mindfulness and performance on tasks of sustained attention. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 2009, vol. 31, pp. 60–66.
18. Rick Nauert PhD Mindfulness Training Helpful for the Military. Available at: http://psychcentral.com/news/2010/02/18/mindfulness-training-helpful-for-the-military/11562.html (Accessed 11.02.2016).
19. Segal Z., Teasdale J., Williams M. Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression. New York : Guilford Press, 2002, p. 79.
20. Gordon W., Shonin E., Zangeneh M., Griffiths M. Work-related mental health and job performance: Can mindfulness help? Int Ment Health Addiction, 2014, vol. 12, pp. 129–137.
About this article
Author: Satov M.K.