Matyash S.A. ABOUT RELATION OF FOLKLORE AND LITERARY TRADITIONS IN THE "BOOK ABOUT A COMBATANT" OF A.TVARDOVSKY "VASILY TERKIN"Researchers who analyzed the traditional sources of the "Book about a Combatant" (poem) "Vasiliy Terkin" rightly take into account both folklore and literary traditions. Talking about these traditions analysts were analyzing specifics of verse — metrical form, rhyme, strophes, sounds. The author of this articles proposes and justifies the necessity to analyze the correlation of these two traditions and suggests that analysis of enjambements will help in this process. Enjambements in this poem didn't draw the attention of any researcher so far. Russian folk poetry does not use enjambements at all, therefore presence of them in the "Book about a Combatant" proves the strong influence of literary tradition. The author of this article analyzed frequency and structure of enjambements with few parameters and compared the results with similar data in Russian poems of XIX-XX century, which allowed to see that Tvardovsky was inspired by epic poetry of Pushkin's and post-Pushkins' era. The author also performed the analysis of lexis of enjambements, using stylistics data in vocabularies, which allowed to reveal one of the mechanisms of links between folk and literary traditions. Key words: Tvardovsky A.T., "Vasiliy Terkin", folk tradition, Russian classical poetry tradition, theory of verse, enjambement, lexis.
1. Vyhodtsev P. A. Tvardovsky: Seminary. — L., 1960. — 251pp.
2. Vyhodtsev P. Tvardovsky and folk art culture ("Vasily Tiorkin" // Works of Alexander Tvardovsky: research and materials. — L., 1989. — pp.5-42.)
3. Kuprianovsky P., Shames P. Russian Soviet literature from the period of The Patriotic War: Seminary. — М., 1963. — 379pp.
4. Roshin P. Alexander Tvardovsky. — М., 1966. — 175pp.
5. Kondratovich А. Alexander Tvardovsky: poetry and person. — М., 1978. — 350pp.
6. Sidelnikov V. Writer and folk poetry. — М., 1980. — 175pp.
7. Makedonov А. Tvardovsky's artistic path: roads and homes. — М., 1981. — 367pp.
8. Grishunin А. Alexander Tvardovsky's "Vasily Tiorkin". — М., 1987. — p.143.
9. Grishunin А. Live soul // Tvardovsky. Lyrics. Poems. Prose. — М., 2004. — pp.5-7.
10. Burtin Y. Some remarks on Tvardovsky's verse // Voprosy Literatury, 1960. №6. — pp. 177-200.
11. Matiash S. Enjambements: about interaction of rhythm and sintaxis. // Russian verse: in honor of 90th anniversary of M.L. Gasparov. — Мoscow, 1996. — P. 189-202..
12. Tvardovsky A. Collected works in four volumes. Vol.2. — М., 1959. — 375pp.
13. Zhirmunsky V. Theory of verse. — L., 1975. — pp.433-536.
14. Timofeev L. Essays on theory and history of Russian verse. — М., 1958. — 415pp.
15. Bokusheva G. Verse division (based on N. Nekrasov's poetry) — Karaganda, 2001. — 158pp.
16. Matiash S. New argument to the old matter (to the issue of national origins of Russian versification reform) // Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. — 2003. — №4. — pp. 4-6.
17. Matiash S. About history and typology of verse enjambements // Slavic verse: linguistics and practical poetics.– Мoscow, 2001. — P. 172-186.
18. Gasparov M., Skulacheva T. Studies about linguistics of verse. Moscow 2004. P. 182-190.
19. Russian Dictionary: in 4 volumes / red. A. Yevgenyeva. — 2nd edition — М. vol.1, 1981. — 698pp.; vol.2, 1983. — 736pp.; vol.3, 1984. — 749pp.; vol.4. — 1984. — 794pp.
20 Golomb H. Enjambement in Poetry: Language and verse in Interaction. The Portev Institute for Poetics and Semiotics Tel Aviv University, 1979. Р.150-179.
About this article
Author: Matyash S.A.
|Sergey Aleksandrovich |