Bachura O.P., Kosintsev P.A. THE FAUNA OF MAMMALS IN LATE PLEISTOCENE AND HOLOCENE IN THE SOUTH URALSThe authors examined a change in composition and structure of the fauna of small and large mammals in the mountain and plains part of the South Urals in the temporary section of 33000-200 years ago. The decrease of number and fractions of the forms of the open landscapes is shown that in the time occurred an increase in number and fractions of forms, connected with the tree-shrub and mesophitic vegetation and decrease in number and fractions of forms. Change in the fauna of large mammals occurred as a result extinction and change in the areas; and the fauna of the small mammals only as a result of a change in the areas. Key words: mammals, fauna, late Pleistocene, Holocene, the South Urals.
1. Chernov Y.I. Evolutionary process and historical development of communities. / Y.I. Chernov / Faunogenesis and filocenogenesis. — M., 1984. — pp. 5–23.
2. Derevianko A.P. Natural environment and people in the Palaeolithic of the Altai Mountain / A.P. Derevianko, M.V. Shunko, A.K. Aghajanian, G.F. Baryshnikov, E.M. Malayeva, V.A. Ulyanov, N.A. Kulik, A.V. Postnov, A.A. Anoykin. — Novosibirsk, 2003. — 448 p.
3. Bachura O., Kosintsev P. Late Pleistocene and Holocene small- and large-mammal faunas from the Northern Urals. / O. Bachura, P. Kosintsev // Quatern. Int., 2007. — Vol. 160. issue 1. — pp. 121–128.
4. Smirnov, N.G. Historical Ecology of Animals of the South Urals Mountains // N.G. Smirnov, V.N. Bolshakov, P.A. Kosintsev, N.K. Panova, Yu.I. Korobeynikov, V.N. Olshvang, N.G. Erokhin, G.V. Bikova. — Sverdlovsk, 1990. 244. pp. (in Russian).
5. Yakovlev A.G. Small mammals from the late Pleistocene and Holocene cave localities in western slope of the South Urals / A.G. Yakovlev // Paleolithic cave of Urals. — Ufa, 1997. — Issue 6. — pp. 174–181. (in Russian).
6. Kuzmina S.A. Faunal data from the Late-Paleolithic sites Smelovskaya II in the South Urals / S.A. Kuzmina // Pleistocene and Holocene Urals faunas — Chelyabinsk, 2000. — pp. 137–153. (in Russian).
7. Kuzmina, E.A. Rodent faunas of the South Trans-Urals in the Late Pleistocene-Holocene. / E.A. Kuzmina, N.G. Smirnov, T.P. Kourova // Modern Problems of Population, Historical and Applied Ecology. — Ekaterinburg, 2001. — Issue 2. — pp. 121–127 (in Russian).
8. Kuzmina, E.A. Late Pleistocene and Holocene communities of small mammals reconstructed from cave sites of the South Trans-Urals / E.A. Kuzmina. // Quaternary Palaeozoology in the Urals. Ekaterinburg, 2003. — pp. 193–210 (in Russian).
9. Yakovlev A.G. Biostratigraphical characteristic of the Late Neopleistocene — Holocene deposits of the geological relic "Atysh Waterfall" area (Southern Urals) / A.G. Yakovlev, G.A. Danukalova, L.I. Alimbekova, N.I. Yakovleva, A.A. Eremeev, E.M. Morozova. // Ural and Siberian Faunas in the Pleistocene and Holocene. Chelyabinsk, 2005. pp. 260–304 (in Russian).
10. Kosintsev P.A. The centure dynamics of large mammals of the Southern Urals / P.A. Kosintsev, V.V. Gasilin // Bulletin of the Orenburg University. — 2008 — Issue 12. — pp. 85–91.
11. Kuzmina E.A. Late Pleistocene and Holocene small mammal faunas from the South Trans-Urals / E.A. Kuzmina // Quaternary International. -2009 — Vol. 201 — P. 25–30.
12. Danukalova G. Biostratigraphy of the Late Upper Pleistocene (Upper Neopleistocene) to Holocene deposits of the Belaya river Valley (Southern Urals, Russia) / G. Danukalova, A. Yakovlev, E. Osipova, L. Alimbekova, T. Yakovleva, P. Kosintsev. In press.
13. Strukova T.V. Steppe lemming and narrow-skulled vole in fossil faunas of the Middle and South Trans-Urals / T.V. Strukova // Biota of mountain areas: history and modern status. — Ekaterinburg, 2002. — pp. 207–215.
14. Complex biostratigraphic study. — M., 1987. — 107 p.
15. Prost S. A phantom extinction? Ancient DNA suggests that the extinct Don hare was an ecomorph of the extant mountain hare. / S. Prost, M. Knapp, J. Flemmig, A.-K. Hufthammer, P. Kosintsev, M. Stiller, M. Hofreiterю. // J. Evol. Biol., 2010. — Vol. 23. — pp. 2022–2029.
15. Kosintsev P.A. Historical changes in the north-eastern boundary of the stone martens area (Martes foina Erxleben, 1777) / P.A. Kosintsev, V.V. Gasilin. In press.
17. Arslanov A. Kh. Geochronological scale of the Russian Plain during the Pleistocene / A. Kh. Arslanov // Quaternary Geochronology period. — M., 1992. — pp. 10–19.
18. Khotinskiy N.A. Contentious issues of reconstruction and correlation of Holocene paleoclimates / N.A. Khotinskiy // Paleoclimate of the Late Glacial and Holocene. — M., 1989. — pp. 12–17.
About this article
Authors: Bachura O.P., Kosintsev P.A.